Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg - Websphere

This is a discussion on Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg - Websphere ; Hello, I have MQ ver6 server installed on windows 2003 enterprise server. from an XP client machine, I want to connect to the server to send/receive message. I know that the code to send/receive message on the local machine and ...

  1. Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg

    Hello,

    I have MQ ver6 server installed on windows 2003 enterprise server. from an
    XP client machine, I want to connect to the server to send/receive message.

    I know that the code to send/receive message on the local machine and remote
    machine are the same. The only difference is the code to setup the
    ConnectionFactory.

    So could you show me the code to setup the ConnectionFactory?

    In addition, what is the difference between looking up the QueueManager from
    local file provider and remote LDAP server?

    Thanks in advance for your kind support.

    Kind regards,

  2. Re: Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg

    Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I am asking for.

    Can you help me clarify one thing? is there any difference when this code is
    run from the client and in local binding mode? I mean performance, or
    efficiency difference.

    Thanks,

    mrpc_cambodia

    "Carl Farkas" wrote in message
    > I've attached a small bit of code that just purges messages from a queue,
    > but it runs either on an MQ Client or in local bindings mode. You can see
    > the different ways to set up the ConnectionFactory. Hope it helps.
    >
    > --
    > Carl

  3. Re: Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg

    One more question,

    based on your previous code in the attachment, how do i enable message
    compression? Can you show me how?

    Thanks,

    "Carl Farkas" wrote in message
    > I've attached a small bit of code that just purges messages from a queue,
    > but it runs either on an MQ Client or in local bindings mode. You can see
    > the different ways to set up the ConnectionFactory. Hope it helps.
    >
    > --
    > Carl

  4. Re: Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg

    I've heard guestimations that running MQ Client code is about 20% more
    "costly" (mips used?) that using Bindings mode. Using an MQ Client is
    clearly has other implications as you become "synchronous" between the
    Client and the QM. Your application needs to take responsibility for
    retries in case of failure.

    --
    Carl
    "mrpc_cambodia" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I am asking for.
    >
    > Can you help me clarify one thing? is there any difference when this code
    > is run from the client and in local binding mode? I mean performance, or
    > efficiency difference.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > mrpc_cambodia
    >
    > "Carl Farkas" wrote in message
    >> I've attached a small bit of code that just purges messages from a queue,
    >> but it runs either on an MQ Client or in local bindings mode. You can
    >> see the different ways to set up the ConnectionFactory. Hope it helps.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl

  5. Re: Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg

    See
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...65%73%73%22%20

    --
    > One more question,
    >
    > based on your previous code in the attachment, how do i enable message
    > compression? Can you show me how?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > "Carl Farkas" wrote in message
    >> I've attached a small bit of code that just purges messages from a queue,
    >> but it runs either on an MQ Client or in local bindings mode. You can
    >> see the different ways to set up the ConnectionFactory. Hope it helps.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl

  6. Re: Using JMS to connect to MQ server to send/receive msg

    You may find the sample programs here useful:

    http://hursleyonwmq.wordpress.com/20...sphere-mq-jms/

    --
    Warm regards,
    Saket