Clustering will not work - Websphere

This is a discussion on Clustering will not work - Websphere ; Hello all we setup Websphere 6.1 on 2 app servers on 2 different machines, then a deployment manager on a third machine. When we create a cluster, we define the first app server that has the name server1. When we ...

  1. Clustering will not work

    Hello all
    we setup Websphere 6.1 on 2 app servers on 2 different machines, then a
    deployment manager on a third machine. When we create a cluster, we define
    the first app server that has the name server1. When we import the second
    app server which has also the name server1, of course this does not work.
    How can we import the second app server ? We tried to delete the server and
    import it with the name server2, but then the application PlantsByWebSphere
    does not work with error PMGR1014E. Basically, how to install the 2 app
    servers if we want to federate them in a cluster ?
    Pierrot

  2. Re: Clustering will not work

    ZPierrot, you said: "When we import the second
    app server which has also the name server1, of course this does not
    work.
    How can we import the second app server?"
    I am not sure what you are saying. server1 is the server name but the
    Node name will be different on the second machine.
    There should be no problem having server1 from Node01 and server1 from
    Node02 in a cluster.
    Regards,
    Gabriel

    On Mar 9, 8:06 am, "pher" wrote:
    > Hello all
    > we setup Websphere 6.1 on 2 app servers on 2 different machines, then a
    > deployment manager on a third machine. When we create a cluster, we define
    > the first app server that has the name server1. When we import the second
    > app server which has also the name server1, of course this does not work.
    > How can we import the second app server ? We tried to delete the server and
    > import it with the name server2, but then the application PlantsByWebSphere
    > does not work with error PMGR1014E. Basically, how to install the 2 app
    > servers if we want to federate them in a cluster ?
    > Pierrot

  3. Re: Clustering will not work

    Thanks for your answer, Gabriel.
    In fact, what we were trying to do was to add an existing server to a
    cluster. But you cannot just add an existing server to a cluster, you can
    only create a new server. We had 2 servers named server1 on node1 and
    server1 on node2. When we created the cluster, we could not create the
    server1 because it already existed. So we deleted server1 on both nodes and
    we could create the cluster with server1 and server2. In the meantime,
    deleting the servers also deleted the jdbc connectors attached to the
    servers and our PlantsByWebSphere application did not work. Recreating these
    connections fixed the problem.
    Pierrot

    "Gabriel Boie" wrote in message
    > ZPierrot, you said: "When we import the second
    > app server which has also the name server1, of course this does not
    > work.
    > How can we import the second app server?"
    > I am not sure what you are saying. server1 is the server name but the
    > Node name will be different on the second machine.
    > There should be no problem having server1 from Node01 and server1 from
    > Node02 in a cluster.
    > Regards,
    > Gabriel
    >

    > On Mar 9, 8:06 am, "pher" wrote:
    >> Hello all
    >> we setup Websphere 6.1 on 2 app servers on 2 different machines, then a
    >> deployment manager on a third machine. When we create a cluster, we
    >> define
    >> the first app server that has the name server1. When we import the second
    >> app server which has also the name server1, of course this does not work.
    >> How can we import the second app server ? We tried to delete the server
    >> and
    >> import it with the name server2, but then the application
    >> PlantsByWebSphere
    >> does not work with error PMGR1014E. Basically, how to install the 2 app
    >> servers if we want to federate them in a cluster ?
    >> Pierrot

+ Reply to Thread