Converting from LDAP (WPS 5.1) to WMM in WPS V6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Converting from LDAP (WPS 5.1) to WMM in WPS V6 - Websphere ; I am trying to locate some information on WMM setup/configuration in WPS v6. Specifically, I need to be able to move data from an existing LDAP on Portal v5.1 to WMM on Portal v6.0 and then need to process incremental ...

  1. Converting from LDAP (WPS 5.1) to WMM in WPS V6

    I am trying to locate some information on WMM setup/configuration in WPS v6. Specifically, I need to be able to move data from an existing LDAP on Portal v5.1 to WMM on Portal v6.0 and then need to process incremental changes to the WMM using a messaging or web service solution (end result - WPS 6.0 w/ no LDAP). I have found some information on WMM in the Portal 6 Self-Help guide but was wondering if anyone knew of other sources that might help with this problem. Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Converting from LDAP (WPS 5.1) to WMM in WPS V6

    Hi

    Is there a reason why you want to move away from the LDAP? The WMM DB version is not recommended for production and should only be used for small development environments

    If you keep the LDAP then oyu only need to point WMM to the LDAP

  3. Re: Converting from LDAP (WPS 5.1) to WMM in WPS V6

    Are you assuming Cloudscape as the DB implementation? I realize "out of the box" with Cloudscape is not intendeded for production use. However, I am looking at a planned Oracle implementation of the WMM DB. Are you still advising against something like this even w/ Oracle?

  4. Re: Converting from LDAP (WPS 5.1) to WMM in WPS V6

    Hi

    I know we had the call today, but only to have the infomration available for others.

    This is not related to the DB type. WMM DB implementation has not been optimized for huge User/Group systems and is and was originally designed only for development and small environments

+ Reply to Thread