Set up MQ cluster in active/active mode on AIX HACMP - Websphere

This is a discussion on Set up MQ cluster in active/active mode on AIX HACMP - Websphere ; Hi, In the organization I work for we have a new project with two AIX machines running on HACMP in active / active mode.I have been asked to design and setup the WebSphere MQ 6.0 Cluster Environment working in active ...

  1. Set up MQ cluster in active/active mode on AIX HACMP

    Hi,

    In the organization I work for we have a new project with two AIX machines running on HACMP in active / active mode.I have been asked to design and setup the WebSphere MQ 6.0 Cluster Environment working in active / active mode with the the HACMP for load balancing and high availablity.

    The plan is to install Queue Managers QM1 in server1 on port 1414 and QM2 on server2 port 1415

    we will install each QM on a separate shared disk to hold the MQ log files and have the persistent messages.

    After setting up like the above if one machine fails both the queue managers will run on a single node so that the external applications can still connect.

    Now if the queuemanager qM1 log file is corrupted or cannot start for some reason how to set up so that the external application can still connect?

    The point is we do not want a single point of failure

    Any suggestions /comments are welcome

    Regards

  2. Re: Set up MQ cluster in active/active mode on AIX HACMP

    Have you looked at
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en ?
    This is an IBM-supplied document (SupportPac MC91) describing how to do HA
    with MQ on Unix.

    --
    Carl
    wrote in message
    news:1604558866.1204896158034.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas010.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,

    > In the organization I work for we have a new project with two AIX machines
    > running on HACMP in active / active mode.I have been asked to design and
    > setup the WebSphere MQ 6.0 Cluster Environment working in active / active
    > mode with the the HACMP for load balancing and high availablity.

    > The plan is to install Queue Managers QM1 in server1 on port 1414 and QM2
    > on server2 port 1415

    > we will install each QM on a separate shared disk to hold the MQ log files
    > and have the persistent messages.

    > After setting up like the above if one machine fails both the queue
    > managers will run on a single node so that the external applications can
    > still connect.

    > Now if the queuemanager qM1 log file is corrupted or cannot start for some
    > reason how to set up so that the external application can still
    > connect?

    > The point is we do not want a single point of failure

    > Any suggestions /comments are welcome

    > Regards

  3. Re: Set up MQ cluster in active/active mode on AIX HACMP

    Hi,

    Have you ever done completing that Active-Active setup. If so, Please could you send me details on how to to. Its quite confusing to me. Please send ......Please ....btw.....are you from India ?

+ Reply to Thread