How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2? - Websphere ; I have installed WAS network deployment version 6.0 and Db2 8.2 on different machines.HTTP server and HTTP Plugins for WAS are installed. Now I want to connect WAS to DB2. While configuring WAS it asks for Data Sources, what to ...

  1. How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    I have installed WAS network deployment version 6.0 and Db2 8.2 on different machines.HTTP server and HTTP Plugins for WAS are installed.

    Now I want to connect WAS to DB2.

    While configuring WAS it asks for Data Sources, what to provide there?

    Is it necessary to also configure DB2?

  2. Re: How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    well one of the things to know is do you plan to use type 2 or type 4 drivers?

    because in my set up I put these two jars db2jcc.jar db2jcc_license_cu.jar in /opt/db2drivers

    and then I edited the websphere variables for

    ${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}

    ${UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}

    so that both of them equaled /opt/db2drivers

    and that was all I needed

  3. Re: How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    Is this a WAS or Portal question?
    For Portal connection to DB2, the Portal Infocenter is very useful.
    The Data Sources will be created for you during the Cloudscape to DB2
    migration.
    For WAS if you would like to create a Data Source manually, which will
    be used by one of your applications, again there is the WAS
    Infocenter.
    Let me know if you are having any specific issues.
    Regards,
    Gabriel

    On Mar 7, 2:54 am, vivekkumar wrote:
    > I have installed WAS network deployment version 6.0 and Db2 8.2 on different machines.HTTP server and HTTP Plugins for WAS are installed.

    > Now I want to connect WAS to DB2.

    > While configuring WAS it asks for Data Sources, what to provide there?

    > Is it necessary to also configure DB2?

  4. Re: How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    Hello friend,

    I am using type 2 drivers,

    I kept the jar files db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar on there original place ,

    means in directory C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java.

    I also updated websphere variables ${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH} ,

    ${UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}

    to the value C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java

    And in JDBC providers I replaced the ${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH} by

    the value ${C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java}.

    But after that while testing connection it's giving exception

    Test connection failed for data source DB2 Universal JDBC Driver DataSource on server dmgr at node mcd05CellManager01 with the following exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: undefined variable :C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java . View JVM logs for further details.

  5. Re: How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    Replace ${C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java} with
    C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java.
    If you add the ${}, WAS things that it is a variable and that's why
    you got the "undefined variable" error.
    Let me know if any problems.
    Regards,
    Gabriel

    On Mar 7, 10:39 am, vivekkumar wrote:
    > Hello friend,

    > I am using type 2 drivers,

    > I kept the jar files db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar on there original place ,

    > means in directory C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java.

    > I also updated websphere variables ${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH} ,

    > ${UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}

    > to the value C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java

    > And in JDBC providers I replaced the ${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH} by

    > the value ${C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java}.

    > But after that while testing connection it's giving exception

    > Test connection failed for data source DB2 Universal JDBC Driver DataSource on server dmgr at node mcd05CellManager01 with the following exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: undefined variable :C:\Program Files\ibm\SQLLIB\java . View JVM logs for further details.

  6. Re: How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    solved

  7. Re: How to configure WAS ND 6.0 to connect with Db2 8.2?

    Hi I am seraching for db2 jar files and couldnot able to find anywhere...
    I saw ur discussion regarding db2 and felt that you may have the jar files,
    if you have the jar files can you please share them.. any help would be needful.

    ThankYou
    Lilly

+ Reply to Thread