MQ Channels - To stop it permanently - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQ Channels - To stop it permanently - Websphere ; I'm quite new to MQ. I have start working with quite a bit of MQ connections and which I have to manually stop some MQ channels everytime I perform a MQ application reset on my machine. I'm using win2003 server ...

  1. MQ Channels - To stop it permanently

    I'm quite new to MQ. I have start working with quite a bit of MQ connections and which I have to manually stop some MQ channels everytime I perform a MQ application reset on my machine. I'm using win2003 server running on websphere 6.0. My question is what can I do to have these MQ channels stay permanently on stopped mode even after the MQ application was resetted and restarted? And I can manually start these channels if needed.

    Thanks.

    Alan88

  2. Re: MQ Channels - To stop it permanently

    It seems to me that if you "manually stop" (eg. use the STOP CHANNEL
    command), then the channels should stay stopped permanently until you
    explicitly start them. I believe that they remain ineligible for automatic
    restart, even over QM restarts. See
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/sc13290_.htm .

    --
    Carl

  3. Re: MQ Channels - To stop it permanently

    Hi Carl,

    Thanks for the http link. That's what I thought at first. I noticed it seemed that such observation are for those channels which are still 'active' and 'alive' for the remote hosts. And those remote hosts doesn't want to bring down their channels manually but rather leave the control for channels' management on my machine.

    Alan88

+ Reply to Thread