Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess - Websphere

This is a discussion on Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess - Websphere ; Hello! I have a problem with xmlaccess. I'm trying to remove a title from a page via xmlaccess. This i possible to do from the portals webadmin console, but it doesn't seem to work from xmlaccess. The problem I'm trying ...

  1. Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    Hello!

    I have a problem with xmlaccess. I'm trying to remove a title from a page via xmlaccess. This i possible to do from the portals webadmin console, but it doesn't seem to work from xmlaccess. The problem I'm trying to find a solution for is how to remove a language version of an existing page. Any help is appreciated, and do I have to say it's urgent?!

    /A

  2. Re: Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    Can you show us the xmlaccess script that you use for that?

    If I have to do this task, I think I will do an xmlaccess export of the existing page, I will update the title in the xmlaccess and I will import the corrected xmlaccess.

    Regards,

    Fabrice.

  3. Re: Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    Fabrice, we work on the same problem.

    Theese are the two xml files.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <request xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PortalConfig_1.4.xsd" type="update" create-oids="true">

    <portal action="locate">

    <content-node action="locate" objectid="parentPage" uniquename="testpage"/>

    <content-node action="update" uniquename="test1" ordinal="last"

    content-parentref="parentPage" active="true" create-type="explicit" type="page">

    <supported-markup markup="html" update="set"/>

    <localedata locale="en" >

    <title>Test_EN</title>

    </localedata>

    <localedata locale="de" >

    <title>Test_DE</title>

    </localedata>

    </content-node>

    </portal>

    </request>

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <request xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PortalConfig_1.4.xsd" type="update" create-oids="true">

    <portal action="locate">

    <content-node action="update" uniquename="test1">

    <localedata update="remove" locale="de"/>

    </content-node>

    </portal>

    </request>

    When we run the second xml file, nothing happens, the title for "de" remains.

    If we try to set an empty title for locale="de", the users with "de" as language will not se the portal default, they se an empty title..

    Regards

    /H

  4. Re: Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    almlof,

    If your goal is that the deutsh user see the page title in the default local, try to import this :

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <request xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PortalConfig_1.4.xsd" type="update" create-oids="true">

    <portal action="locate">

    <content-node action="locate" objectid="parentPage" uniquename="testpage"/>

    <content-node action="update" uniquename="test1" ordinal="last"

    content-parentref="parentPage" active="true" create-type="explicit" type="page">

    <supported-markup markup="html" update="set"/>

    <localedata locale="en" >

    <title>Test_EN</title>

    </localedata>

    </content-node>

    </portal>

    </request>

    I think it's the good way.

    Try this and give us your feedback.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Fabrice.

  5. Re: Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    fabrice,

    Of course, if I import the xml as you wrote it, it will work.

    The problem is how to remove the deutch title when it's already imported.

    We first import a page with titles in both english (the portal default language) and deutch.

    Later we discover the deutch title to be wrong and we want to remove it completely.

    This is possible with the portal administration interface, but how can I do it with xmlaccess?

    Regards,

    /H

  6. Re: Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    I am almost 100% sure that you cannot do this with XMLAccess. You cannot
    completely remove the title via XMLAccess.
    All you can try to do is overwrite the title with an empty string.

    Oliver

  7. Re: Remove a pagetitle via xmlaccess

    Is this a xmlaccess default behaviour or a defect and that it does not delete the locale even after we specify *update="remove"* in the input xml configuration which does work fine with the parameters.

+ Reply to Thread