authentication websphere with application web - Websphere

This is a discussion on authentication websphere with application web - Websphere ; hi, I wanted to know in doing a reverse proxy, to authentication of a web application with websphere portal. thanks...

  1. authentication websphere with application web

    hi,

    I wanted to know in doing a reverse proxy, to authentication of a web application with websphere portal.

    thanks

  2. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    Can you be more exact what you are trying to do.

    Are you trying to authenticate from a web application through a reverse proxy? or are you trying to authenticate from portal to a web app via a reverse proxy?

  3. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    hi,

    I want to do authentication between the WebSphere Portal v6 and a Web Application.

    Believes?

    What is the best way to do it?

    thanks

  4. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    are they running on the same web application server?

    best way is to use one of the sso solutions, tam, siteminder, something like that.

    The other way is to use the credential vault and login to the other app how ever it needs to be done

  5. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    hi,

    thanks...

    But Need another solution.

    Because I have many web applications(200 To be precise), Who do not share the same web server, the credential vault not is the best solution.

    And the Web Applications not share the same web server.

    help me.

    thanks

  6. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    well I would look into one of the SSO solutions like tam or siteminder

  7. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    Ok,

    But the company contractor of the service not Acquired license for These products.

    I thought I would do something,as a Web service for authentication the applications.

    thanks.

  8. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    hi,

    How create Private slots, using Credentials vault?

    For the user may changer the credentials.

    thanks

  9. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    private slots are created programmatically

    Via the admin portlet you can only create admin and system slots, Admin slots are not shared among users, but all the portlets for that user can see the credentials for that user if needed.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...22%63%72%65%64 %65%6e%74%69%22%20%22%73%6c%6f%74%22%20%22%74%79%7 0%65%73%22%20%22%74%79%70%65%22%20

  10. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    Thanks,

    I will try to create a slot private.

  11. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    I have a similar problem.

    I have to access to 5-10 web apps that runs on another Web Server (WAS 6.1).

    To integrate web apps in my portal I'm using an Iframe in my portlet that leads to the web app.

    But all my web apps need authentication, is there a way to use the authentication of the portal ?

    Should I use Credential Vault ?

    Thx.

  12. Re: authentication websphere with application web

  13. Re: authentication websphere with application web

    Devoloper a portlet of sing sign-on

+ Reply to Thread