disable running portal and WAS as a windows service after install ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on disable running portal and WAS as a windows service after install ? - Websphere ; thanks...

  1. disable running portal and WAS as a windows service after install ?

    thanks

  2. Re: disable running portal and WAS as a windows service afterinstall ?

    what question are you asking? Do you want to uninstall the services?

  3. Re: disable running portal and WAS as a windows service afterinstall ?

    Yes, i want WAS and Portal to start regularly not as services. During install i was asked if i want them to run as services and I said yes. Can i undo this? tnx

  4. Re: disable running portal and WAS as a windows service afterinstall ?

    yes

    use the wasservice command to delete it

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...65%72%76%69%63 %65%22%20%22%77%61%73%73%65%72%76%69%63%22%20%22%7 5%6e%69%6e%73%74%61%6c%6c%22%20%22%75%6e%69%6e%73% 74%61%6c%22%20

  5. Re: disable running portal and WAS as a windows service afterinstall ?

    What am i doing wrong? i copied the service name from the services window of windows. thanks

    C:\WebSphere_V6\AppServer\bin>wasservice.exe -remove "IBMWAS6Service - WebSphere_Portal_srv-s" -servername websphere_portal

    Remove Service: IBMWAS6Service - WebSphere_Portal_srv-s

    Could not open service 'IBMWAS6Service - IBMWAS6Service - WebSphere_Portal_srv-s

    '

    reason: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

  6. Re: disable running portal and WAS as a windows service afterinstall ?

    do you have a screen shot of your services panel?

  7. Re: disable running portal and WAS as a windows service afterinstall ?

    I found that in the panel the service name includes a prefix 'IBMWAS6Service -' but it appears NOT to be part of the service name. So w/o it works.

    Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread