Clearing Userinfo during Logout - Websphere

This is a discussion on Clearing Userinfo during Logout - Websphere ; Hi, I am having a doubt regarding the cookies. I am trying to achieve the clearing of user's information stored during log out. Is it not enough if we clear JSessionID and LTPAtoken cookie before logging out? If so, how ...

  1. Clearing Userinfo during Logout

    Hi,

    I am having a doubt regarding the cookies. I am trying to achieve the clearing of user's information stored during log out. Is it not enough if we clear JSessionID and LTPAtoken cookie before logging out?

    If so, how to achieve this in JSR? Since i am using struts portlet, I am having action request and response( Not HTTP one ). :-(

    How to do this? any suggestions? So far, I achieved only, the below

    String cookieList = actionRequest.getProperty("cookie");

    System.out.println("**** Displaying the CookieList :- *****"+cookieList);

    String[] result = cookieList.split(";");

    for (int x=0; x<result.length; x++)

    {

    System.out.println("Cookie no "x":- "+result[x]);

    if(result[x].equalsIgnoreCase("LtpaToken"))

    {

    System.out.println("LTPA Captured :-"+ result[x]);

    }

    }

    Also i cannot use the below thing which is generally used since I dont have HTTP response object,

    Cookie myCookie=result[x]; //result array containing list of cookies

    curCookie.setMaxAge(0);

    res.addCookie(curCookie);

    I am struck up with this thinking how to do....How to clear the cookies? Any suggestions? Or does IBM default logout thing clears all the user information from client's machine?

  2. Re: Clearing Userinfo during Logout

    well you can clear the cookies in the logoutuserauth class

    but during logout the jsessionid and ltpatokens will be invalidated.