How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer - Websphere ; Hi, I was trying to limit the no of connection in WAS 5.X Web Container by modifying the Plugin-Cfg.Xml file’s attribute i.e.maxConnection, Bydefault the maxConnection value as –1 which is in not enabled state and setting it as 1 and ...

  1. How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer

    Hi,

    I was trying to limit the no of connection in WAS 5.X Web Container by modifying the Plugin-Cfg.Xml file’s attribute i.e.maxConnection, Bydefault the maxConnection value as –1 which is in not enabled state and setting it as 1 and able to open more than 6 connection from the Client End. What is the way out to limit the no of Connection?

  2. Re: How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer

    On febr. 28, 10:49, suvendu_na...@syntelinc.com wrote:
    > Hi,

    > I was trying to limit the no of connection in WAS 5.X Web Container by modifying the Plugin-Cfg.Xml file's attribute i.e.maxConnection, Bydefault the maxConnection value as -1 which is in not enabled state and setting it as 1 and able to open more than 6 connection from the Client End. What is the way out to limit the no of Connection?

    You can configure the Web Container setting in the admin console as:
    Servers > Application Servers > {Your app serv} > Web Container >
    Thread Pool
    Minimum Size:
    Maximum Size:
    Thread inactivity timeout:
    Is Growable:

  3. Re: How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer

    On Feb 29, 7:15*pm, szasz.cs...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On febr. 28, 10:49, suvendu_na...@syntelinc.com wrote:
    > For carrying out the testing for opening maximum 5 connection what value ishould put against Thread Pool,Minimum Size,Maximum Size Thread inactivity timeout:, Is Growable:

    > > Hi,

    > > I was trying to limit the no of connection in WAS 5.X Web Container by modifying the Plugin-Cfg.Xml file's attribute i.e.maxConnection, Bydefault the maxConnection value as -1 which is in not enabled state and setting it as 1 and able to open more than 6 connection from the Client End. What is the way out to limit the no of Connection?

    > You can configure the Web Container setting in the admin console as:
    > Servers > Application Servers > {Your app serv} > Web Container >
    > Thread Pool
    > Minimum Size:
    > Maximum Size:
    > Thread inactivity timeout:
    > Is Growable:

  4. Re: How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer

    On mrc. 13, 09:32, suvendu2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 7:15 pm, szasz.cs...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > On febr. 28, 10:49, suvendu_na...@syntelinc.com wrote:
    > > For carrying out the testing for opening maximum 5 connection what valuei should put against Thread Pool,Minimum Size,Maximum Size Thread inactivity timeout:, Is Growable:
    > > > Hi,

    > > > I was trying to limit the no of connection in WAS 5.X Web Container bymodifying the Plugin-Cfg.Xml file's attribute i.e.maxConnection, Bydefault the maxConnection value as -1 which is in not enabled state and setting it as 1 and able to open more than 6 connection from the Client End. What is theway out to limit the no of Connection?

    > > You can configure the Web Container setting in the admin console as:
    > > Servers > Application Servers > {Your app serv} > Web Container >
    > > Thread Pool
    > > Minimum Size:
    > > Maximum Size:
    > > Thread inactivity timeout:
    > > Is Growable:

    If you want want maximum 5 connection then you can set:
    Minimum Size: 1
    Maximum Size: 5
    Thread inactivity timeout: 3500 milisec
    Is Growable: untick

  5. Re: How to Limit no of WebService Client Connection in WebSphereWebContainer

    On 25 Mrz., 14:26, Tsaby wrote:

    > If you want want maximum 5 connection then you can set:
    > Minimum Size: 1
    > Maximum Size: 5
    > Thread inactivity timeout: 3500 milisec
    > Is Growable: untick

    Guys,
    the number of maximum threads does NOT represent the number of maximum
    clients since the threads can be shared between different clients!
    That means, even if you set the maximum number of threads to 5, you
    can still connect more than 5 concurrent clients to your system.

+ Reply to Thread