Failover of DataSource - Websphere

This is a discussion on Failover of DataSource - Websphere ; Hello, I'm working with WAS 6.1, datasource is sqlServer. how can I setup please the datasource connection to have both primary and secondary DB avaiable? Thanks a lot!...

  1. Failover of DataSource

    Hello,

    I'm working with WAS 6.1, datasource is sqlServer.

    how can I setup please the datasource connection to have both primary and secondary DB avaiable?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: Failover of DataSource

    Why do u need data source failover? In real time usually, the databases are clustered and database connections will failover at the DB side like the Websphere.

  3. Re: Failover of DataSource

    The SQL servers are failover mirrored.

  4. Re: Failover of DataSource

    ludmila.shenker@cgi.com wrote:
    > The SQL servers are failover mirrored.

    This should be documented by Microsoft, it's not a WAS issue. It's about
    how to configure the driver.

  5. Re: Failover of DataSource

    Thank you Paul!

  6. Re: Failover of DataSource

    The connect strings are here:

    http://connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver2005

    For example,

    Data Source=myServerAddress;Failover Partner=myMirrorServer;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;Integrated Security=True;

    But Paul, is it a way please to define it in the Data Source definition of WAS?

    We have a driver that should support it.

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread