Querying the Search and Browse portlet from a different page - Websphere

This is a discussion on Querying the Search and Browse portlet from a different page - Websphere ; Is it possible to put a text box on one for entering a search query, and have it post to the "Search and Browse" portlet on another page? The default themes for Portal 5.1 show how to do this for ...

  1. Querying the Search and Browse portlet from a different page

    Is it possible to put a text box on one for entering a search query, and have it post to the "Search and Browse" portlet on another page? The default themes for Portal 5.1 show how to do this for the Search Center portlet, but is it possible for the "Search and Browse" portlet?

  2. Re: Querying the Search and Browse portlet from a different page

    Did you get a solution to this? We are looking at doing the same thing: hooking the search form in the portal theme to the search and browse portlet instead of the search center portlet

  3. Re: Querying the Search and Browse portlet from a different page

    No, we have not figured this out yet. It is working fine with Search Center, so we are going with that in the meantime.

+ Reply to Thread