Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found - Websphere

This is a discussion on Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found - Websphere ; Hello. I have a problem when starting websphere with any profile. Here is the output: C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\bin>startserver server1 ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv0 1\logs\server1\star tServer.log ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile ADMU3100I: Reading configuration ...

  1. Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    Hello.

    I have a problem when starting websphere with any profile. Here is the output:

    C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\bin>startserver server1
    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file C:\Program
    Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv0 1\logs\server1\star
    tServer.log
    ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile
    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error:
    org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException : Package with uri
    'http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/6.0/sibresources.xmi'

    not found.
    (file:/C:/Program%20Files/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/profiles/AppSrv
    01/config/cells/ISDC20752Node01Cell/nodes/ISDC20752Node01/servers/server1/server
    xml,
    113, 137)
    ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.
    ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file: C:\Program
    Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv0 1\logs\server1\star
    tServer.log

    Do I need to re-install the websphere runtime?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    d0ddddy@yahoo.com escribió:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I have a problem when starting websphere with any profile. Here is the output:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\bin>startserver server1
    > ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file C:\Program
    > Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv0 1\logs\server1\star
    > tServer.log
    > ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile
    > ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    > ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error:
    > org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException : Package with uri
    > 'http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/6.0/sibresources.xmi'
    >
    > not found.
    > (file:/C:/Program%20Files/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/profiles/AppSrv
    > 01/config/cells/ISDC20752Node01Cell/nodes/ISDC20752Node01/servers/server1/server
    > xml,
    > 113, 137)
    > ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.
    > ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file: C:\Program
    > Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv0 1\logs\server1\star
    > tServer.log
    >
    > Do I need to re-install the websphere runtime?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You are trying to start it from inside Rational. Did you install the
    runtimes? In any case, your best option is likely to reinstall.

    --

    Juanma Martinez

  3. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    That's the lamest answer I've ever seen.....

  4. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    gdwolgast@yahoo.com wrote:
    > That's the lamest answer I've ever seen.....

    We're eagerly awaiting your solution.

    Ken

  5. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    BUMP****

    Any SOLUTION TO THIS ONE??

    A ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException : Package with u
    ri 'http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/6.0/sibresources.xmi' not found. (file:/usr/ws61/profiles/app/config/cells/ec_cell/nodes/octdev10_01/server
    s/ec_ve_tb_server/server.xml, 113, 137)

  6. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    Abhinav Arora wrote:
    > BUMP****
    >
    > Any SOLUTION TO THIS ONE??
    >
    > A ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException : Package with u
    > ri 'http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/6.0/sibresources.xmi' not found. (file:/usr/ws61/profiles/app/config/cells/ec_cell/nodes/octdev10_01/server
    > s/ec_ve_tb_server/server.xml, 113, 137)

    Have you tried reinstalling

  7. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    On Aug 8, 11:36*pm, Juanma Martinez
    wrote:
    > Abhinav Arora wrote:
    > > BUMP****

    > > Any SOLUTION TO THIS ONE??

    > > A * ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException : Package with u
    > > ri 'http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/6.0/sibresources.xmi'not found. (file:/usr/ws61/profiles/app/config/cells/ec_cell/nodes/octdev10_01/server
    > > s/ec_ve_tb_server/server.xml, 113, 137)

    > Have you tried reinstalling

    Before re-installing, you may try this:

    Create a new server say server2, and try starting it and see if it has
    the same issue.

    If it doesn't work then re-installing will be your best bet.

    Since you're on Windows, there is a slight possibility that the Path
    length for some of the files/subdirectories is longer than the max
    allowed on Windows. Its better to install WebSphere under "c:
    \WebSphere"; basically try keeping it short. Also try keeping the
    profile directory not so deep inside.

    "c:\WebSphere\profiles" is better than "C:\Program Files\IBM
    \SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\"

  8. Re: Server won't start with any profile - some package is not found

    I had experienced this problem when I copied some of the jar files into ext directory of the server.

    Remove any application specific jar/zip files from that directory and try to start the server.

    Anyway if you create a new server it is going to work properly.

    Hope it helps.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread