Re: addNode fails on a multi-IP system - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: addNode fails on a multi-IP system - Websphere ; As a *workaround* we changed our network configuration to have just one IP for that machine. Looks like addNode in 6.0.2 version has issues when a single machine has multiple IPs....

  1. Re: addNode fails on a multi-IP system

    As a *workaround* we changed our network configuration to have just one IP for that machine. Looks like addNode in 6.0.2 version has issues when a single machine has multiple IPs.

  2. Re: addNode fails on a multi-IP system

    I met the same problem. My workaround is to go to Control Panel -> Network Connections, right click the network adapter having that internal IP address and disable it, then perform the addnode command to federate the node. It succeeds. Then go back to enable that network adapter.

    It looks like only during addnode, we need to avoid the multi-IP configuration, after that, the Deployment Manager works fine with multi-IP system.

  3. Re: addNode fails on a multi-IP system

    MingLi, thanks for posting this workaround. Someone who runs into this issue will find this useful. At the time when i had run into this issue, i hadn't tried what you mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread