How to Create two App Servers with in a single profile - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to Create two App Servers with in a single profile - Websphere ; Hi, I am a new bee to WAS. I am using WAS ND 6. I have created a stand alone application server named server1 inside profile1. By using Profile creation wizard, I am trying to create an other application server ...

  1. How to Create two App Servers with in a single profile

    Hi,
    I am a new bee to WAS. I am using WAS ND 6. I have created a stand alone application server named server1 inside profile1. By using Profile creation wizard, I am trying to create an other application server by name server2 inside profile1 but I am not allowed by Profile Creation Wizard to create an other standalone app server inside profile1.

    What I can do is on machine1(or host1)
    server1 inside profile1
    server2 inside profile2
    and later when I federate the cell using dmgr I have two node agents to control each server/jvm.

    what I want is on machine1(or host1)
    server1 inside profile1
    server2 inside profile1
    and if I can achieve this I can use a single nodeagent for both the app servers/jvms.

    Any input from the folks here is really helpful. Thanks in advance

    ---wasprofile

  2. Re: How to Create two App Servers with in a single profile

    The Profile Creation Wizard is for creating new profiles, not creating new
    servers or doing other management tasks in an existing profile.

    Create one profile (a custom profile is recommended for this purpose, but
    you can use the standalone profile)
    Federate the profile's node into the cell managed by the dmgr.
    Use the admin console or similar from the dmgr to create a new (second)
    server on the new node (or to create a cluster/cluster member etc).

    It is technically possible to create a second server in a stand-alone
    profile (using a wsadmin script) before its node is federated, but the above
    steps are the expected approach.

    --
    Stephen ****s
    WESB/WPS System Administration

    wrote in message
    news:1109386381.1200445616472.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,
    > I am a new bee to WAS. I am using WAS ND 6. I have created a stand
    > alone application server named server1 inside profile1. By using Profile
    > creation wizard, I am trying to create an other application server by name
    > server2 inside profile1 but I am not allowed by Profile Creation Wizard to
    > create an other standalone app server inside profile1.
    >
    > What I can do is on machine1(or host1)
    > server1 inside profile1
    > server2 inside profile2
    > and later when I federate the cell using dmgr I have two node agents to
    > control each server/jvm.
    >
    > what I want is on machine1(or host1)
    > server1 inside profile1
    > server2 inside profile1
    > and if I can achieve this I can use a single nodeagent for both the app
    > servers/jvms.
    >
    > Any input from the folks here is really helpful. Thanks in advance
    >
    > ---wasprofile

+ Reply to Thread