put log4j to classpath - Websphere

This is a discussion on put log4j to classpath - Websphere ; How can I put log4j to classpath of WebSphere Application Server ND 6.1.0.13? Thanks, Nuno...

  1. put log4j to classpath

    How can I put log4j to classpath of WebSphere Application Server ND 6.1.0.13?

    Thanks,
    Nuno

  2. Re: put log4j to classpath

    If you are doing this so that an application can utilize the log4j framework :

    Create a shared library definition in the admin console then map it to your application(s)

    If you are wanting to put this into the application server JVM classpath - then I would say, why?

    John Pape
    WebSphere Advisory Software Engineer

  3. Re: put log4j to classpath

    I'm trying to solve a problem in my application... I can't manage to call my JSF pages.

    It returns me error. I tried to find the problem analyzing the log files and it seem that I've dependencies of classes for log4j.

    This problems occur after applying fix pack 13 + SDK release6!

    How does shared libraries really work? I'm new in WAS

    Thanks,

    Nuno

  4. Re: put log4j to classpath

    Shared libraries allow you to create sets of JAR's and the like that can be used by enterprise applications deployed on a WebSphere instance.
    This is generally a better solution that adding classes and property files to the application server's classpath since every application in the server would be affected by this method, possibly causing the wrong classes to be used (both for app and server)

    Using the shared libraries method assures that the appropriate level of classloader picks up the classes and property files appropriate for the application using them.

    You can get more information from the WAS InfoCenter.

    John Pape
    WebSphere Advisory Software Engineer

+ Reply to Thread