Examples of usage REST API's - Websphere

This is a discussion on Examples of usage REST API's - Websphere ; With Portal 6.0.x a lot of focus is put on using web 2.0 technologies. One of those is the usage of REST API's. Does anybody know any examples how these REST API's can be used during the portlet development? Regards ...

  1. Examples of usage REST API's

    With Portal 6.0.x a lot of focus is put on using web 2.0 technologies. One of those is the usage of REST API's. Does anybody know any examples how these REST API's can be used during the portlet development?

    Regards Erik

  2. Re: Examples of usage REST API's

    Hello,

    I am also looking similar kind of example. Can some one suggest any example?

  3. Re: Examples of usage REST API's

    most of this was not flushed out until 6.1. Please look in the 6.1 infocenter for more information.

  4. Re: Examples of usage REST API's

    Hi Jim,
    We have a requirement to display a modal window on Click of a link in Top Navigation.
    When the user clicks on a *link* in Top Navigation, it opens a dialog window kind of screen and allows the user to add the *link* to his favorites.
    The favorites list is currently stored in Database.
    What is the best approach of implementing this? Can we use REST service to request for Portlet Markup on Click of the link? I tried using creating the URL as mentioned in the Infocenter, which returns an ATOM Feed.How do I get the portlet markup from that feed. Could you please help me in doing this?

    Also after enabling Firebug's console in CSA theme, the same url returns a feed and there is another URL which returns the portlet markup.

    https://localhost/wps/mycontenthandl...B02FIUEH4N0004

    The above URL returns the ATOM Feed.
    The below one returns Portlet Markup. Is the ATOM Feed parser internally calling the below URL for getting the Markup?

    https://localhost/wps/myportal/!ut/p...C0OxYLgKWbORHQ!!

    Thanks in Advance.

+ Reply to Thread