insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS. - Websphere

This is a discussion on insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS. - Websphere ; I have installed Websphere application and portal server, IBM http server 1.3.26 and IBM http server 6.1 on three different computers. 1.3.26 is for intranet users and 6.1 is external users. Problem is in 6.1. I have configured all files ...

  1. insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS.

    I have installed Websphere application and portal server, IBM http server 1.3.26 and IBM http server 6.1 on three different computers.
    1.3.26 is for intranet users and 6.1 is external users.
    Problem is in 6.1.
    I have configured all files like httpd.conf, http-cfg.xml and a log file.
    the services starts succesfully, but when I tries for internet access for my site, the http server sends me administration page of HTTP server.

    please suggest what to do?

  2. Re: insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS.

    vivekpakhale@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have installed Websphere application and portal server, IBM http server 1.3.26 and IBM http server 6.1 on three different computers.
    > 1.3.26 is for intranet users and 6.1 is external users.
    > Problem is in 6.1.
    > I have configured all files like httpd.conf, http-cfg.xml and a log file.
    > the services starts succesfully, but when I tries for internet access for my site, the http server sends me administration page of HTTP server.
    >
    > please suggest what to do?

    What URL are you trying? Sounds like you hit the admin URL for the http
    server.

    Ken

  3. Re: insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS.

    I haven't given any URL yet and I haven't configured index.html.
    I want that on request HTTP server of 160.1.25.87 should show index page of www.mykotaklife.com which is on 160.1.25.188 server.

  4. Re: insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS.

    vivekpakhale@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I haven't given any URL yet and I haven't configured index.html.
    > I want that on request HTTP server of 160.1.25.87 should show index page of www.mykotaklife.com which is on 160.1.25.188 server.

    If you haven't tried any URL, then how do you know you can't get to WAS?

    Ken

  5. Re: insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS.

    actually I gave URL "http://160.1.25.188/wps/portal/employees.html" in meta tag but its not going on employees page.
    It goes on admin page of portal from where I have to make login to go on employees (which is also a login page).Name of the page is employees.html.

    and Before configuring the index.html file there was code for admin page of http server, which I deleted and then inserted only meta tag.
    (actually I tried to configure index file)

  6. Re: insatallation done, but can't connect with WAS.

    Yes, My problem is solved. I just accessed httpd.conf file, in the documentroot vaiable a gave location of index file ie first page of my site. Before doing this I copied the index file of site on that location.

    and I gave coment to documentroot declaration which was specifying htdocs/en_us.

    I just changed documentroot value.

+ Reply to Thread