Web clipping form based authentication - Websphere

This is a discussion on Web clipping form based authentication - Websphere ; I am using websphere portal 6 web clipping to clip my web application which require authentication using login form. problem description : the portlet doens't login when passing User ID and Password in (shared settings). I tried to use IFRAME ...

  1. Web clipping form based authentication

    I am using websphere portal 6 web clipping to clip my web application which require authentication using login form.

    problem description : the portlet doens't login when passing User ID and Password in (shared settings).

    I tried to use IFRAME but it doesn't work

    my web clipper settings:

    Log-in URL : https://192.9.200.51:9443/Clipping/j_security_check
    User parameter name: j_username
    Password parameter name: j_password

    my login form :

    <FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="<%=request.getContextPath() %>/j_security_check">
    <TABLE>

    <TR>
    <TD>Username : </TD>
    <TD><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="j_username" SIZE="20" ID="j_username"></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>Password :</TD>
    <TD><INPUT TYPE="password" NAME="j_password" SIZE="20" ID="j_password"></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD><INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="Submit" ID="Submit" VALUE="Submit"></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </FORM>

    Note:
    the application authenticate users normally from any browser using normal way

  2. Re: Web clipping form based authentication

    are you clipping something running on another WAS appserver? and if using the jsessionid, I do not think that the clipper will pick that up, it would be better to set up sso with the other server.

    What do you have as the url to be clipped?

    Jim

  3. Re: Web clipping form based authentication

    no my application runs on another WAS appserver

  4. Re: Web clipping form based authentication

    so is that the url you are pointing your clipping to? what is the secured page in your web app? is it index.jsp or is there another jsp you go to after you get authenticated?

    Jim

  5. Re: Web clipping form based authentication

    yes it is,and all pages are secured and index.jsp is the welcome page

+ Reply to Thread