Websphere portal server trial version installation - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere portal server trial version installation - Websphere ; Hello, This is regarding websphere portal server trial version installation. I have downloaded websphere portal server from the link http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/downloads/ . While installing its asking for the CD location W-1. Screenshots are attched. Please help me out to solve this ...

  1. Websphere portal server trial version installation

    Hello,

    This is regarding websphere portal server trial version installation.

    I have downloaded websphere portal server from the link http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/downloads/. While installing its asking for the CD location W-1. Screenshots are attched. Please help me out to solve this issue.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Shylaja.

  2. Re: Websphere portal server trial version installation

    Hi,

    Well CD here means the path of ther folder where u have installed the other installables like application server or DB2 or ur portal setup respectectively .

    u can search for the path u need

  3. Re: Websphere portal server trial version installation

    Here instructions for Portal installation. You can extrapolate from that on Portal express. I guess that just the package names are different.

    1. Create five folders located in parallel: CDsetup, W-1, W-2, W-3, W-4.

    2. Extract C93LQML.zip into CDsetup folder.

    3. Extract C93LWML.exe into W-1 folder.

    4. Extract C93LRML.exe into W-2 folder.

    5. Extract C93LSML.zip into W-3 folder.

    6. Extract C93M4ML.zip into W-4 folder.

    7. Run install.bat from within CDsetup folder, go through the setup wizard,

    wait about three hours till it finishes.

  4. Re: Websphere portal server trial version installation

    Hi,
    I getting error while installing WEBSPHERE PORTAL EXPRESS v 6.0 .

    So can u tell me what to do as i m installing the trial version of WEBSPHERE PORTAL EXPRESS v 6.0 on windows server2003.

    ERROR IN LOG is:
    (Dec 28, 2007 7:56:32 PM), PortalExpress.install, com.ibm.wps.install.SwingPopUp, wrn, Logged message: EJPIC0229E: The DB2 Express installation step failed.
    The Portal installation program is exiting.
    (Dec 28, 2007 7:56:32 PM), PortalExpress.install, com.ibm.wps.install.SwingPopUp, msg2, Exiting installer.

    plz tell me how to resolve this error..... For more imformation plz see the Log file

    Thanks and Regards,
    An****a Mittal

  5. Re: Websphere portal server trial version installation @view=30@

    The log you provided shows the following error:

    1: Setting default global profile registry variables:.......Success
    1: ERROR:LIC1416N The license could not be added to the nodelock file automatically. The return code is "-100".

    1: ERROR:The installation of the license file
    "E:\WEBSPHERE\WEBSPHERE11\windows\ia32\db2express\d b2\Windows\..\license\db2exp
    lic" using the command "C:\Program Files\IBM\PE\db2\bin\db2licm.exe -a
    C:\DOCUME~1\an****a_mittal\Local Settings\Temp\db2t01.tmp -install" did not
    complete successfully. The error data is "". The Return value was "4294967196".

    1: Registering DB2 licenses:.......Failure
    1: The instance "WPDB2INS" has been created successfully.

    1: The value "DFTDBPATH=C:" was set in the DBM CFG file for the "WPDB2INS"
    instance.

    1: The value "SVCENAME=db2c_WPDB2INS" was set in the DBM CFG file for the
    "WPDB2INS" instance.

    1: The value "DB2COMM=TCPIP" was set in the Profile Registry for the "WPDB2INS"
    instance.

    1: ERROR:SQL8000N DB2START processing failed; a valid product license was not found. If you have licensed this product, ensure the license key is properly registered. You can register the license via the License Center or db2licm command line utility. The license key can be obtained from your licensed product CD.

    SQL8008N The product "DB2 Express Edition" does not have a valid license key

    installed and the evaluation period has expired. Functions specific to this

    product are not enabled.

    1: ERROR:An error occurred while trying to start the "WPDB2INS" instance. The
    return code is "15" and the SQL Message is: "PROCESS_ERROR"

    Looks like the command its failing on is:

    "C:\Program Files\IBM\PE\db2\bin\db2licm.exe -a
    C:\DOCUME~1\an****a_mittal\Local Settings\Temp\db2t01.tmp -install"

    You can try to run that command manually to see if you get the same error. But my research shows that this error can be caused by file permissions problems. Make sure the OS userid has access to those directories. Make sure there is space in those directories.

    You can also attempt to add the license manually by referring to this link:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2 luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.msg.doc/doc/lic1416.htm

  6. Re: Websphere portal server trial version installation

    I am also facing same problem here.

    Could any body help me out...

+ Reply to Thread