HATS v7 default rendering - Websphere

This is a discussion on HATS v7 default rendering - Websphere ; I'm new to HATS. I have a mainframe selection list that is not being rendered. I have changed the defaults (several times) with no luck. Here is the green screen shot: ==> ENTER SEL IN FIRST FIELD ABOVE, NEXT KEYS ...

  1. HATS v7 default rendering

    I'm new to HATS. I have a mainframe selection list that is not being rendered. I have changed the defaults (several times) with no luck. Here is the green screen shot:

    ==>

    ENTER SEL IN FIRST FIELD ABOVE, NEXT KEYS IN THE FOLLOWING FIELD.

    SEL DESCRIPTION NEXT KEYS

    -

    1 CONTRACT INQUIRY MENU

    2 CONTRACT REGISTRATION MENU

    3 CONTRACT MAINTENANCE MENU

    4 FLEET MAINTENANCE MENU

    5 RE-PRINT ESPS DEALER DAILY REGISTER

  2. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    jbabisz@ford.com wrote:
    > I'm new to HATS. I have a mainframe selection list that is not being rendered. I have changed the defaults (several times) with no luck. Here is the green screen shot:

    > ==>

    > ENTER SEL IN FIRST FIELD ABOVE, NEXT KEYS IN THE FOLLOWING FIELD.

    > SEL DESCRIPTION NEXT KEYS

    > -

    > 1 CONTRACT INQUIRY MENU

    > 2 CONTRACT REGISTRATION MENU

    > 3 CONTRACT MAINTENANCE MENU

    > 4 FLEET MAINTENANCE MENU

    > 5 RE-PRINT ESPS DEALER DAILY REGISTER

    For HATS questions you should ask in ibm.software.websphere.hats
    newsgroup in this same newsserver and provide some more details about
    the problem, by "not rendered" do you mean nothing is displayed at all
    or just that it doesn't render the way you'd like? ....

  3. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    The PF keys are rendered, but the selection list is not. I'm expecting that the menu would become links, but nothing is happening. Where is this newsgroup? I can't seem to find it...

  4. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    jbabisz@ford.com escribió:
    > The PF keys are rendered, but the selection list is not. I'm expecting that the menu would become links, but nothing is happening. Where is this newsgroup? I can't seem to find it...

    You will need to change the recognition settings for selection lists
    (and may have a problem due to the lack of separator, not sure).

    Newsgroup in this same newsserver if you are accessing through NNTP

    --

    Juanma Martinez

  5. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    I tried changing the defaults several times. No luck. Are you experienced with it?

  6. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    jbabisz@ford.com escribió:
    > I tried changing the defaults several times. No luck. Are you experienced with it?

    Try adding a blank space as the last delimiter for Selection lists (that
    is | | (pipe blank pipe)

    --

    Juanma Martinez

  7. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    No luck. I'm attaching a doc. Do you think you can take a look?

  8. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    jbabisz@ford.com escribió:
    > No luck. I'm attaching a doc. Do you think you can take a look?

    No, because I can't see it (it seems my newsreader doesn't support
    attachments)

    --

    Juanma Martinez

  9. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    Make sure your component recognition is correct. Obviously you
    pattern is not correct. Usually your delimiters will need adjustments
    (leading tokens, minimum lengths, characters, etc...). Like the above
    posted mentioned, more times than not, there is a space or two that
    needs to be added to the delimiter. Hope this helps. Don't forget
    about the or function (|)

    Andrew Suft
    acs@suftware.com

  10. Re: HATS v7 default rendering

    Hi JackBiz!

    Try changing the default renderings instead.

    On the Rendering page, select Default Rendering and click edit. If you havent already taken an screen capture HATS will ask you to do so, naviagate to that particualr screen using the Host Terminal and create an screen capture. Using this setting only select the region that compasses your selection list.

    If this is not clear then please add my gmail id, i can help you more there very quickly!

    Regards,
    Amber J
    chatwithamber@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread