JNDI Viewer - Websphere

This is a discussion on JNDI Viewer - Websphere ; Does WebSphere App Server have the ability to show a hierarchy of the JNDI names bound to objects in the environment. What I'm thinking is something similar to the classloader viewer where you can expand the hierarchy of the various ...

  1. JNDI Viewer

    Does WebSphere App Server have the ability to show a hierarchy of the JNDI names bound to objects in the environment. What I'm thinking is something similar to the classloader viewer where you can expand the hierarchy of the various classloaders. With a JNDI viewer you could do the same thing with the naming structure of the servers.

    I imagine you wouldn't want to lookup every name of every object at once. Perhaps with something like AJAX you could do a lookup of a context only if the user goes to expand that section of the hierarchy.

    Thanks,

    Stuart Smith

    IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator WAS ND 6.1

  2. Re: JNDI Viewer

    stuart_wildcat@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Does WebSphere App Server have the ability to show a hierarchy of the JNDI names bound to objects in the environment. What I'm thinking is something similar to the classloader viewer where you can expand the hierarchy of the various classloaders. With a JNDI viewer you could do the same thing with the naming structure of the servers.

    > I imagine you wouldn't want to lookup every name of every object at once. Perhaps with something like AJAX you could do a lookup of a context only if the user goes to expand that section of the hierarchy.

    > Thanks,

    > Stuart Smith

    > IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator WAS ND 6.1

    dumpNameSpace.[sh|bat]

    Ken

  3. Re: JNDI Viewer

    I know of the command line tool. I was wondering if there was something that was more visual.

    In my mind this could be something available from the admin console or a separate tool.

    Thanks,

    Stuart

  4. Re: JNDI Viewer

    stuart_wildcat@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I know of the command line tool. I was wondering if there was something that was more visual.

    > In my mind this could be something available from the admin console or a separate tool.

    > Thanks,

    > Stuart

    I wouldn't be surprised if there's something open-source around.
    Ken

  5. Re: JNDI Viewer

    I've been working with WAS-CE quite a bit lately and this has a JNDI Viewer that is integrated directly in the Admin Console. This is exactly the feature I was looking for.

    Does anyone know if there will be something similar in the next WAS version?

    Thanks,

    Stuart Smith

    Administration Lead

    Web Age Solutions

    IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator, WAS-ND v6.1

    stuart.smith@webagesolutions.com

  6. Re: JNDI Viewer

    There is a JNDI viewer web application that RAD deploys to the test servers, in the past I successfully found the WAR in the installation and deployed it to a standalone server where it worked without problem. I'm pretty sure it is not delivered with a standalone installation, try searching for EARs/WARs in your WAS installation.

  7. Re: JNDI Viewer

    Which version of RAD was this? Do you know the name of the file?

    Really what I want to know is if this type of application will ever be available directly from the WAS Admin Console or a profile without any additional configuration.

    There was the ability to use the "classloader viewer" added relatively recently and I'm wondering if a similar app for JNDI would be available. It would be extremely beneficial.

    JNDI is always this "black box" service for admins and an app like this would help us understand and de-mystify it.

    Thanks,

    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread