MQ Explorer from Windows to HP-UX - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQ Explorer from Windows to HP-UX - Websphere ; Hello We have 2 MQ 6.0 systems here, one on Windows Server 2003 and other on HP-UX 11.x. No firewalls in place. An we are quite new to WAS/MQ. Is it possible to manage HP-UX queue managers using MQ Explorer ...

  1. MQ Explorer from Windows to HP-UX

    Hello

    We have 2 MQ 6.0 systems here, one on Windows Server 2003 and other on HP-UX
    11.x. No firewalls in place. An we are quite new to WAS/MQ.
    Is it possible to manage HP-UX queue managers using MQ Explorer from
    Windows?

    Trying to "Add queue manager" directly, I'm getting an error "Could not
    establish a connection to the queue manager. (AMQ4059)"
    Telneting to 1414 from Windows to HP-UX is working, something is listening
    on this port. I am not sure about the queue manager name, where and how can
    we check it on HP-UX?

    Any help would be welcome.

    Regards
    G.S.

  2. Re: MQ Explorer from Windows to HP-UX

    Gera wrote:
    > Is it possible to manage HP-UX queue managers using MQ Explorer from
    > Windows?

    Yes.

    > Trying to "Add queue manager" directly, I'm getting an error "Could not
    > establish a connection to the queue manager. (AMQ4059)"
    > Telneting to 1414 from Windows to HP-UX is working, something is listening
    > on this port. I am not sure about the queue manager name, where and how can
    > we check it on HP-UX?

    Use the command dspmq from a shell prompt - this will list the names and
    statuses of all queue managers on the system.

    It is also worth checking whether the SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN channel
    exists on your queue manager. To do this use the following sequence of
    commands from the shell - I have replaced the system-specific bits of
    the input and output with {things like this} and shown the output you
    will see if the channel is not defined:

    =====>8=====
    $ runmqsc {your queue manager name}
    5724-H72 (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1994, 2004. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
    Starting MQSC for queue manager {your queue manager name}.

    DIS CHANNEL(SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN) ALL
    AMQ8147: WebSphere MQ object SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN not found.
    END
    2 : END
    One MQSC command read.
    No commands have a syntax error.
    One valid MQSC command could not be processed.

    $
    =====8<=====

    If that is what you see, try this (conventions as before):

    =====>8=====
    $ runmqsc {your queue manager name}
    5724-H72 (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1994, 2004. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
    Starting MQSC for queue manager {your queue manager name}.

    DEFINE CHANNEL(SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN)
    LIKE(SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN)
    1 : DEFINE CHANNEL(SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN)
    LIKE(SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN)
    AMQ8014: WebSphere MQ channel created.
    END
    2 : END
    One MQSC command read.
    No commands have a syntax error.
    All valid MQSC commands were processed.

    $
    =====8<=====

    After that, and assuming that what's listening on port 1414 on your
    HP-UX system is an MQ listener, you should have no problem administering
    your HP-UX queue manager from your windows machine.

    Regards,

    Phil Willoughby
    --
    Staff Software Engineer - IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS
    Senior Inventor

    IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V6.0
    IBM Certified Solution Designer - WebSphere MQ V6.0
    IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer

  3. Re: MQ Explorer from Windows to HP-UX

    Cooooooooooollllllllll

    It solved my same issue, i spent 4 hours with different googling without any output.

    Thanks Alot.

+ Reply to Thread