Installing Fix Pack - Websphere

This is a discussion on Installing Fix Pack - Websphere ; Good Day! Please help me anyone. I had downloaded PK23493_Fix_WAS_Plugin_5.1.1.10_WIN_FIX.jar and I tried to install it using updateWizard.bat but when I had selected the directory containing the above jar file that contains the plugin I needed, it prompts an error ...

  1. Installing Fix Pack

    Good Day!

    Please help me anyone.

    I had downloaded PK23493_Fix_WAS_Plugin_5.1.1.10_WIN_FIX.jar and I tried to install it using updateWizard.bat but when I had selected the directory containing the above jar file that contains the plugin I needed, it prompts an error saying the fix I was trying to install provides an update for component plugins.http which is not installed.

    What component is this error talking about?
    Could it be that the fix pack that I downloaded is insufficient?

    I need help badly.

    Please and Thank you

  2. Re: Installing Fix Pack

    lester_granada@scm.shi.co.jp wrote:
    > Good Day!
    >
    > Please help me anyone.
    >
    > I had downloaded PK23493_Fix_WAS_Plugin_5.1.1.10_WIN_FIX.jar and I tried to install it using updateWizard.bat but when I had selected the directory containing the above jar file that contains the plugin I needed, it prompts an error saying the fix I was trying to install provides an update for component plugins.http which is not installed.
    >
    > What component is this error talking about?
    > Could it be that the fix pack that I downloaded is insufficient?
    >
    > I need help badly.
    >
    > Please and Thank you

    From

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24012162

    USERS AFFECTED:
    Users of WebSphere Application Server Plugins for IBM® HTTP Server and
    Apache webservers on version 5.1.1.10 and 6.0.2.9.

    So that depends on what is what you are trying to apply the fixpack to.
    This fixpack is for WAS Plugin component. Are you trying to update that
    or WAS?

  3. Re: Installing Fix Pack

    Thank you very much for your reply.

    I am trying to update my WAS hoping it will solve the problem I am encountering with my JSP.

    Hope you can help me with my problem

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Installing Fix Pack

    lester_granada@scm.shi.co.jp wrote:
    > Thank you very much for your reply.
    >
    > I am trying to update my WAS hoping it will solve the problem I am encountering with my JSP.
    >
    > Hope you can help me with my problem
    >
    > Thanks.

    Then go to

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...27004980#ver51

    select your WAS version and you will find what are the latest fixpacks
    available for it.

+ Reply to Thread