Can I set Web Container custom properties without using the adminconsole? (V6.1.0.9) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Can I set Web Container custom properties without using the adminconsole? (V6.1.0.9) - Websphere ; Can I use jython to set the web container custom properties? If so how? I'm very inexperienced with jython scripts. I as planning on using Struts2 but need to set the com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility custom property each time I deploy my application. ...

  1. Can I set Web Container custom properties without using the adminconsole? (V6.1.0.9)

    Can I use jython to set the web container custom properties? If so how? I'm very inexperienced with jython scripts.

    I as planning on using Struts2 but need to set the com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility custom property each time I deploy my application. I would love to be able to set this property without having to go in to each web console and set it.

    Thanks for any help,
    Justin

  2. Re: Can I set Web Container custom properties without using theadmin console? (V6.1.0.9)

    Here is the jython script to create web container custom properties for a applicaion server. BTW I ran this on 6.0, but I am sure it will work for 6.1 also. give a try.
    Thanks
    Anant

    Application servers > serverName > Web container > Custom Properties

    import sys
    def wsadminToList(inStr):
    outList=[]
    if (len(inStr)>0 and inStr[0]=='[' and inStr[-1]==']'):
    tmpList = inStr[1:-1].split(" ")
    else:
    tmpList = inStr.split("\n") #splits for Windows or Linux
    for item in tmpList:
    item = item.rstrip(); #removes any Windows "\r"
    if (len(item)>0):
    outList.append(item)
    return outList
    #endDef

    cell = AdminConfig.list("Cell" )
    cellName = AdminConfig.showAttribute(cell, "name" )

    serverId = AdminConfig.getid("/Server:serverName/" )
    serverWebContainer = AdminConfig.list("WebContainer", serverId )

    attrs = [["name", "webContainerPropertyName"], ["value", "webContainerPropertyValue"], ["description", "webContainerPropertyDescription"]]

    AdminConfig.create("Property", serverWebContainer, attrs )
    AdminConfig.save( )

  3. Re: Can I set Web Container custom properties without using theadmin console? (V6.1.0

    Anant -- How about if you want to modify this Custom Properties. For example 'ChannelWriteType'. Modify value from false > true. I researched and it would require some how reading properties xmi.

    properties xmi:id="Property_1272469765263" name="ChannelWriteType" value="false" description="testing Jython script" /

    Any ideas on how to modify a Custom Properties like this?

    Thank you...
    -Perry

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post