WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0 - Websphere ; I'm finally getting around to getting my WebFaced application set up in WDSC 7.0. I have my own index.jsp that I use that has hyperlinks. I created a sample project and tested it. When I click on the link, I ...

  1. WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    I'm finally getting around to getting my WebFaced application set up in WDSC
    7.0. I have my own index.jsp that I use that has hyperlinks. I created a
    sample project and tested it. When I click on the link, I get the logon
    page. When I logon, I get the following error:

    Job 688567/RWHITE/QQF0A56E30 started on 10/23/07 at 12:16:48 in
    subsystem HP
    PGM CALL ERROR: CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')

    It looks like the parameters are not being substituted properly. I tried
    the default page (the one with input fields for the parameters) and it
    works. The link I use is:

    <%= PHSPNM[i] %>

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Rob

  2. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    Rob White wrote:
    > I'm finally getting around to getting my WebFaced application set up in WDSC
    > 7.0. I have my own index.jsp that I use that has hyperlinks. I created a
    > sample project and tested it. When I click on the link, I get the logon
    > page. When I logon, I get the following error:
    >
    > Job 688567/RWHITE/QQF0A56E30 started on 10/23/07 at 12:16:48 in
    > subsystem HP
    > PGM CALL ERROR: CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >

    > It looks like the parameters are not being substituted properly. I tried
    > the default page (the one with input fields for the parameters) and it
    > works. The link I use is:
    >
    > <%= PHSPNM[i] %>
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Rob

    Hi Rob,

    I don't have any miracle answer yet just questions - sometimes they lead
    to answers ;-). Based on the symptoms it would appear that the
    invocation processing is not seeing parms in the request that match the
    &WHATEVER substitution parms in your invocation string.

    Do you know what the invocation resolves into when it runs - is it what
    you expect? Also have you tried simply hard-coding the values to make
    sure that your launchApp function is working as you expect?

    Mike

  3. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    "M.Hockings" wrote in message
    > Rob White wrote:
    >> I'm finally getting around to getting my WebFaced application set up in
    >> WDSC 7.0. I have my own index.jsp that I use that has hyperlinks. I
    >> created a sample project and tested it. When I click on the link, I get
    >> the logon page. When I logon, I get the following error:
    >>
    >> Job 688567/RWHITE/QQF0A56E30 started on 10/23/07 at 12:16:48 in
    >> subsystem HP
    >> PGM CALL ERROR: CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >>

    >> It looks like the parameters are not being substituted properly. I tried
    >> the default page (the one with input fields for the parameters) and it
    >> works. The link I use is:
    >>
    >> <%= PHSPNM[i] %>
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Rob

    > Hi Rob,
    >
    > I don't have any miracle answer yet just questions - sometimes they lead
    > to answers ;-). Based on the symptoms it would appear that the invocation
    > processing is not seeing parms in the request that match the &WHATEVER
    > substitution parms in your invocation string.
    >
    > Do you know what the invocation resolves into when it runs - is it what
    > you expect? Also have you tried simply hard-coding the values to make
    > sure that your launchApp function is working as you expect?
    >

    > Mike

    Mike,

    I should have mentioned it, but yes, I tried the URL

    http://series:4925/wdsc7/WFInvocatio...S=1&HSP=1&IP=1

    but I get the same error.

    Let's see if I can answer some of your other questions in advance:

    WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries version 7.0.0
    WebSphere Application Server 6.0 running on an iSeries V5R4
    Yes, I tested it on WDSC and I got the same error.

    Rob

  4. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    Rob White wrote:
    > "M.Hockings" wrote in message
    >> Rob White wrote:
    >>> I'm finally getting around to getting my WebFaced application set up in
    >>> WDSC 7.0. I have my own index.jsp that I use that has hyperlinks. I
    >>> created a sample project and tested it. When I click on the link, I get
    >>> the logon page. When I logon, I get the following error:
    >>>
    >>> Job 688567/RWHITE/QQF0A56E30 started on 10/23/07 at 12:16:48 in
    >>> subsystem HP
    >>> PGM CALL ERROR: CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >>>

    >>> It looks like the parameters are not being substituted properly. I tried
    >>> the default page (the one with input fields for the parameters) and it
    >>> works. The link I use is:
    >>>
    >>> <%= PHSPNM[i] %>
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Rob

    >> Hi Rob,
    >>
    >> I don't have any miracle answer yet just questions - sometimes they lead
    >> to answers ;-). Based on the symptoms it would appear that the invocation
    >> processing is not seeing parms in the request that match the &WHATEVER
    >> substitution parms in your invocation string.
    >>
    >> Do you know what the invocation resolves into when it runs - is it what
    >> you expect? Also have you tried simply hard-coding the values to make
    >> sure that your launchApp function is working as you expect?
    >>

    >> Mike

    > Mike,
    >
    > I should have mentioned it, but yes, I tried the URL
    >
    > http://series:4925/wdsc7/WFInvocatio...S=1&HSP=1&IP=1
    >
    > but I get the same error.
    >
    > Let's see if I can answer some of your other questions in advance:
    >
    > WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries version 7.0.0
    > WebSphere Application Server 6.0 running on an iSeries V5R4
    > Yes, I tested it on WDSC and I got the same error.
    >
    > Rob

    Just for giggles I made up a WF project with your command string :

    CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')

    Then looked in invocations.jsp to see what was created to handle the
    parms and I see this :

    href="WFInvocation.do?inv=INV2&OLIB=olibValue&ENV=envValue&HSP=hspValue&WS=wsValue&IP=ipValue">CALL
    &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')

    So I copied it to index.jsp and ran the project then clicked on this
    spiffy new link. And it didn't run -- as expected ...

    Job 683090/HOCKINGS/QQF0A68400 started on 07/10/23 at 19:23:09 in
    subsystem QINTER in QSYS. Job entered system on 07/10/23 at 19:23:09.

    Library OLIBVALUE not found.

    Error found on CALL command.

    So that would indicate to me that the parms are getting through for me
    so I think you are certainly on the right track...

    I am running WDSC 7.0 with the latest updates.

    Mike

  5. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    "M.Hockings" wrote in message
    > Rob White wrote:
    >> "M.Hockings" wrote in message

    >>> Hi Rob,
    >>>
    >>> I don't have any miracle answer yet just questions - sometimes they lead
    >>> to answers ;-). Based on the symptoms it would appear that the
    >>> invocation processing is not seeing parms in the request that match the
    >>> &WHATEVER substitution parms in your invocation string.
    >>>
    >>> Do you know what the invocation resolves into when it runs - is it what
    >>> you expect? Also have you tried simply hard-coding the values to make
    >>> sure that your launchApp function is working as you expect?
    >>>

    >>> Mike

    >> Mike,
    >>
    >> I should have mentioned it, but yes, I tried the URL
    >>
    >> http://series:4925/wdsc7/WFInvocatio...S=1&HSP=1&IP=1
    >>
    >> but I get the same error.
    >>
    >> Let's see if I can answer some of your other questions in advance:
    >>
    >> WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries version 7.0.0
    >> WebSphere Application Server 6.0 running on an iSeries V5R4
    >> Yes, I tested it on WDSC and I got the same error.
    >>
    >> Rob

    > Just for giggles I made up a WF project with your command string :
    >
    > CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >
    > Then looked in invocations.jsp to see what was created to handle the parms
    > and I see this :
    >
    > > href="WFInvocation.do?inv=INV2&OLIB=olibValue&ENV=envValue&HSP=hspValue&WS=wsValue&IP=ipValue">CALL
    > &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >
    > So I copied it to index.jsp and ran the project then clicked on this
    > spiffy new link. And it didn't run -- as expected ...
    >

    > Job 683090/HOCKINGS/QQF0A68400 started on 07/10/23 at 19:23:09 in
    > subsystem QINTER in QSYS. Job entered system on 07/10/23 at 19:23:09.
    > Library OLIBVALUE not found.
    > Error found on CALL command.
    >
    > So that would indicate to me that the parms are getting through for me so
    > I think you are certainly on the right track...
    >
    > I am running WDSC 7.0 with the latest updates.
    >
    > Mike

    Mike,

    It looks like WebFacing doesn't like how I'm invoking it. I have a link
    that calls a JavaScript method. You can see it above; it's called launchApp
    and is passed the URL. launchApp uses window.open to open a new window. If
    I replace the call to launchApp with a regular href (like the example) it
    works. I was using launchApp to prevent the user from opening more than one
    window, but I found out that WebFacing prevents you from doing that. If you
    try, you get a WebFacing Session Reuse Error screen with a very descriptive
    message and resolution.

    I will change my index.jsp to omit the launchApp call. If I had one
    complaint, it would be the exiting my WebFaced application does not close
    the window; it just shows me the same window I launched from. I am left
    with 2 windows that look the same. I am concerned that this will cause
    confusion, but I will see what I can do.

    Thanks for the help,
    Rob

  6. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    "Rob White" wrote in message
    > "M.Hockings" wrote in message
    >> Rob White wrote:
    >>> "M.Hockings" wrote in message

    >>> Mike,
    >>>
    >>> I should have mentioned it, but yes, I tried the URL
    >>>
    >>> http://series:4925/wdsc7/WFInvocatio...S=1&HSP=1&IP=1
    >>>
    >>> but I get the same error.
    >>>
    >>> Let's see if I can answer some of your other questions in advance:
    >>>
    >>> WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries version 7.0.0
    >>> WebSphere Application Server 6.0 running on an iSeries V5R4
    >>> Yes, I tested it on WDSC and I got the same error.
    >>>
    >>> Rob

    >> Just for giggles I made up a WF project with your command string :
    >>
    >> CALL &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >>
    >> Then looked in invocations.jsp to see what was created to handle the
    >> parms and I see this :

    >> &OLIB/BWVI00CL PARM('&ENV' '&HSP' '&WS' '&IP')
    >>
    >> So I copied it to index.jsp and ran the project then clicked on this
    >> spiffy new link. And it didn't run -- as expected ...
    >>

    >> Job 683090/HOCKINGS/QQF0A68400 started on 07/10/23 at 19:23:09 in
    >> subsystem QINTER in QSYS. Job entered system on 07/10/23 at 19:23:09.
    >> Library OLIBVALUE not found.
    >> Error found on CALL command.
    >>
    >> So that would indicate to me that the parms are getting through for me so
    >> I think you are certainly on the right track...
    >>
    >> I am running WDSC 7.0 with the latest updates.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    > Mike,
    >
    > It looks like WebFacing doesn't like how I'm invoking it. I have a link
    > that calls a JavaScript method. You can see it above; it's called
    > launchApp and is passed the URL. launchApp uses window.open to open a new
    > window. If I replace the call to launchApp with a regular href (like the
    > example) it works. I was using launchApp to prevent the user from opening
    > more than one window, but I found out that WebFacing prevents you from
    > doing that. If you try, you get a WebFacing Session Reuse Error screen
    > with a very descriptive message and resolution.
    >
    > I will change my index.jsp to omit the launchApp call. If I had one
    > complaint, it would be the exiting my WebFaced application does not close
    > the window; it just shows me the same window I launched from. I am left
    > with 2 windows that look the same. I am concerned that this will cause
    > confusion, but I will see what I can do.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    > Rob

    I do have one problem. I have JavaScript that gets cookie data that is
    included in the URL. I need some way to get the cookie data without
    JavaScript.

    Rob

  7. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    Rob White wrote:

    > Mike,
    >
    > It looks like WebFacing doesn't like how I'm invoking it. I have a link
    > that calls a JavaScript method. You can see it above; it's called launchApp
    > and is passed the URL. launchApp uses window.open to open a new window. If
    > I replace the call to launchApp with a regular href (like the example) it
    > works. I was using launchApp to prevent the user from opening more than one
    > window, but I found out that WebFacing prevents you from doing that. If you
    > try, you get a WebFacing Session Reuse Error screen with a very descriptive
    > message and resolution.
    >
    > I will change my index.jsp to omit the launchApp call. If I had one
    > complaint, it would be the exiting my WebFaced application does not close
    > the window; it just shows me the same window I launched from. I am left
    > with 2 windows that look the same. I am concerned that this will cause
    > confusion, but I will see what I can do.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    > Rob

    Hi Rob,

    I will guess then that possibly you need to escape the quotes in the
    launchApp (or later) parms or some such? That is, I think the idea
    should still work just fine. What if you tried to resolve the URL
    string first then call launchApp with it?

    WF will try and close the window if there was no referrer page but if it
    appeared to come from somewhere then it will try to return to the
    referring page (index.jsp typically).

    Mike

  8. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    Rob White wrote:
    > I do have one problem. I have JavaScript that gets cookie data that is
    > included in the URL. I need some way to get the cookie data without
    > JavaScript.
    >
    > Rob

    You should be able to retrieve cookie stuff in the JSP itself from the
    request header.

    http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/tec...etRequest.html

    Mike

  9. Re: WFInvocation and WDSC 7.0

    "M.Hockings" wrote in message
    > Rob White wrote:
    >> I do have one problem. I have JavaScript that gets cookie data that is
    >> included in the URL. I need some way to get the cookie data without
    >> JavaScript.
    >>
    >> Rob

    > You should be able to retrieve cookie stuff in the JSP itself from the
    > request header.
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/tec...etRequest.html
    >
    > Mike

    Mike,

    Yup. I remembered seeing a getCookies method in the HttpRequest class.
    Thanks for your help.

    Rob

+ Reply to Thread