Re: PortletDevelopment: How to access page properties? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: PortletDevelopment: How to access page properties? - Websphere ; Thank to all of you guys there for all your replay. But if we come back to original question. I need to get the Navigaition tree. All the labels and pages with name and url. on WebSphere Portal server 5.1.0.0. ...

  1. Re: PortletDevelopment: How to access page properties?

    Thank to all of you guys there for all your replay.

    But if we come back to original question. I need to get the Navigaition tree.

    All the labels and pages with name and url.

    on WebSphere Portal server 5.1.0.0. If there is any way please suggest me.

    Jaydeep

  2. Re: PortletDevelopment: How to access page properties?

    you can just go through the navigation loop, and only for pages that are in the navigation path print those out.

    you can try something like this, not sure if it works in 5.1, it did work for 5.0
    com.ibm.wps.model.ModelUtil modelUtil = com.ibm.wps.model.ModelUtil.from( request );
    com.ibm.wps.model.NavigationModelUtil navModelUtil = com.ibm.wps.model.NavigationModelUtil.from (request);
    if (modelUtil != null) {
    com.ibm.portal.navigation.NavigationSelectionModel selectionModel = modelUtil.getNavigationSelectionModel();
    java.util.Iterator selectionNodeIterator = selectionModel.iterator();
    while (selectionNodeIterator.hasNext()) {
    com.ibm.portal.navigation.NavigationNode currentNode = (com.ibm.portal.navigation.NavigationNode)selectio nNodeIterator.next();
    href="<%=navModelUtil.createSelectionChangeURL(currentNod e)%>"><%=modelUtil.getTitle(currentNode)%>

    but my recomendation would be to get your admin to upgrade you to at least 5101 since you are on 5103 in production and then you can use the SPI. There is no way to get the SPI in 5100