"Unable to resolve containerorg.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER" - Websphere

This is a discussion on "Unable to resolve containerorg.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER" - Websphere ; I am trying to run my midlet application using ive-2.2 (local MIDP emulator) and Palm OS 5 Simulator. Whenever I try to run either one I get the following error message (via a dialog): "Unable to resolve container org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER". Does ...

  1. "Unable to resolve containerorg.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"

    I am trying to run my midlet application using ive-2.2 (local MIDP emulator) and Palm OS 5 Simulator. Whenever I try to run either one I get the following error message (via a dialog): "Unable to resolve container org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER".

    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

    I am using WSDD 5.7.1. The Palm Simulator is Palm_OS_54_Simulator.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim

  2. Re: "Unable to resolve containerorg.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"

    Here is the stack trace from the eclipse log:

    !ENTRY org.eclipse.debug.ui 4 120 Aug 23, 2006 13:20:41.62
    !MESSAGE Error logged from Debug UI:
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to resolve container org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER
    at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java)
    at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException.(CoreException.java:35)
    at com.ibm.ive.j9.launchconfig.WSDDLaunching.computeR ealization(WSDDLaunching.java:407)
    at com.ibm.ive.j9.launchconfig.WSDDLaunching.computeA llDeviceContainerEntries(WSDDLaunching.java:517)
    at com.ibm.ive.j9.launchconfig.AbstractDeviceLaunchCo nfigurationDelegate.getVMArguments(AbstractDeviceL aunchConfigurationDelegate.java:408)
    at com.ibm.ive.j9.launchconfig.AbstractDeviceLaunchCo nfigurationDelegate.deviceLaunch(AbstractDeviceLau nchConfigurationDelegate.java:311)
    at com.ibm.ive.j9.launchconfig.AbstractDeviceLaunchCo nfigurationDelegate$Launching.run(AbstractDeviceLa unchConfigurationDelegate.java:228)
    at com.ibm.ive.j9.launchconfig.AbstractDeviceLaunchCo nfigurationDelegate.launch(AbstractDeviceLaunchCon figurationDelegate.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguratio n.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:156)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildA ndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:676)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.buildAndLaunch(D ebugUITools.java:538)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools$2.run(DebugUIToo ls.java:487)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalCont extThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)
    !ENTRY com.ibm.ive.j9 4 0 Aug 23, 2006 13:20:41.93
    !MESSAGE Unable to resolve container org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER

  3. Re: "Unable to resolve containerorg.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"

    I figured this one out. Apparently two container options were selected under the "bootstrap classes" tab of the "classpath" tab. I removed the one I didn't need and it worked. I don't know why two were selected by default.

    Sorry to waste your time.

+ Reply to Thread