SMF : Binary bundle project and dependencies - Websphere

This is a discussion on SMF : Binary bundle project and dependencies - Websphere ; Hello, I don't understand the way that WSDD computes the dependencies between Binary bundles project and pother normal bundles. When I create a new binary bundle project, WSDD creates it well, exporting the package correctly in the manifest etc... But, ...

  1. SMF : Binary bundle project and dependencies

    Hello,

    I don't understand the way that WSDD computes the dependencies between Binary bundles project and pother normal bundles.

    When I create a new binary bundle project, WSDD creates it well, exporting the package correctly in the manifest etc...

    But, for the other bundle using the binary one, including the binary project as dependency does not work. I have to clearly import the jar file (as external jar file) of the binary project to resolve it !
    The issue is that since the manifest file is automaticaly generated, in my importation package section, the concerned package exported by the binary won't appears !
    If I force to add them in the section, the next time the manifest file is generated (when I save...), this dependencies will be removed from the manifest files...and then my bundle won't work.

    A workarround would be to prevent the automatic generation of manifest file.
    Or that including the binary bundle project is enought.

    But actually, that prevents me to use a binary bundle correctly.

  2. Re: SMF : Binary bundle project and dependencies

    Ok, I finally answer to myself...

    There is a property hidden. In all Extension Service bundle, in the project properties, Extention Service section, Option Page, you can disable the auto-generation of the Manifest's Import Package section.

    That fixes several bugs in WSDD concerning the generation of the manifest file.

+ Reply to Thread