how to convert J2ME project to run on BREW - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to convert J2ME project to run on BREW - Websphere ; hi ppl, i want to convert my j2me app. on brew phone. i heard that WSDD allow developer to convert j2me project on brew require files. so, i download WSDD but can't find such feature. if any person know how ...

  1. how to convert J2ME project to run on BREW

    hi ppl,

    i want to convert my j2me app. on brew phone. i heard that WSDD allow developer to convert j2me project on brew require files. so, i download WSDD but can't find such feature.

    if any person know how to do so (j2me to brew) ? pls. let me know....

    if some plugin require for this then pls. give me plugin details or link
    for it.

    any suggestion or ideas are welcome

    thx and best regards

  2. Re: how to convert J2ME project to run on BREW

    anuj.jani@gmaill.com wrote:
    > i want to convert my j2me app. on brew phone. i heard that WSDD allow developer to convert j2me project on brew require files. so, i download WSDD but can't find such feature.
    >
    > if any person know how to do so (j2me to brew) ? pls. let me know....

    In order to run Java apps on a BREW phone, you'll need a Java VM that
    runs on BREW. I believe Qualcomm ships that:
    http://www.qualcomm.com/press/releas...1/press17.html

    According to their white paper, the J2ME extension is "either pre-loaded
    by handset manufacturers or provisioned over the air via the BREW
    Delivery System (BDS)".
    (http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew/in/abo..._paper_01.html)

    I suspect you'll need to go to your handset manufacturer to see if you
    have Java, and if so how to make use of it. I don't think it's available
    from IBM (although I would certainly recommend that you confirm this
    with your IBM sales rep, since I've been known to be wrong before :-)

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012

  3. Re: how to convert J2ME project to run on BREW

    jesse@useful-networks.com wrote:
    > What is WEME all about then? It states that BREW is a supported platform, so I'm assuming that J9 runs on BREW?

    IBM has provided an implementation of Java on BREW to Qualcomm as far
    back as 2001:
    http://www.microjava.com/news/press?content_id=2243

    I believe you had to be a Qualcomm BREW developer in order to get access
    to it. It wasn't available for download from the IBM website. Typically
    phone manufacturers are the ones who include it on their phones.

    It sounds as if you might want to get in touch with an IBM sales
    representative to discuss your options. Depending on which BREW phones
    you're targeting, you might be able to save yourself some effort.

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012

  4. Re: how to convert J2ME project to run on BREW

    Hey There

    Even i have the same problem... i have couple of J2ME games and would like to port it to BREW, Is there any tool which will help me to do that

    I would like to avoid recoding or manually porting in brew

    Any comments or suggestion will be appreciated

    Thank You

+ Reply to Thread