Best way to Shutdown WebSphere 4.x - Websphere

This is a discussion on Best way to Shutdown WebSphere 4.x - Websphere ; Hello, We are using a unix shell script that find the pids and use the "kill $pid" command to shutdown the websphere instance and admin server. Can you please advise whether this can be done and if not any problems ...

  1. Best way to Shutdown WebSphere 4.x

    Hello,

    We are using a unix shell script that find the pids and use the "kill $pid" command to shutdown the websphere instance and admin server.

    Can you please advise whether this can be done and if not any problems with this method and suggested automatic shutdown and start up script that can be used.

  2. Re: Best way to Shutdown WebSphere 4.x

    kumaravel.munuswamy@cognizant.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are using a unix shell script that find the pids and use the "kill $pid" command to shutdown the websphere instance and admin server.
    >
    > Can you please advise whether this can be done and if not any problems with this method and suggested automatic shutdown and start up script that can be used.

    Sounds like you want ibm.software.websphere.application-server -
    crossposting your message now.

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue