Switching off Pocket PC - Websphere

This is a discussion on Switching off Pocket PC - Websphere ; Hello, I got a severe problem switching off the pocket pc 2003 while running my application. After again turning on the pocket pc, the application seems to be at the point where I switched off. But when I use the ...

  1. Switching off Pocket PC

    Hello,

    I got a severe problem switching off the pocket pc 2003 while running my
    application.

    After again turning on the pocket pc, the application seems to be at the
    point where I switched off. But when I use the application, I get the
    following exception:

    org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.SIPINFO
    (E)J9VM0019 Fatal error: Unable to find and initialize required class
    java/lang/StackTraceElement
    (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\jclMax\classes.zip
    (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\charconv.zip
    (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\jclMax\locale.zip
    (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\AdsmJ\lib\AdsmLib.zip
    (I)J9VM0023 This may indicate that JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or that class
    libraries are not installed

    The error does not occur on Pocket PC 2002.

    I am using an IPaq 47xx with Pocket PC 2003 installed.
    I am using the J9 2.2 and SWT 2135.
    The DB2 Everyplace 8.2 is installed too.

    Any Idea?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Switching off Pocket PC

    Torsten Hoyer wrote:
    > org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.SIPINFO
    > (E)J9VM0019 Fatal error: Unable to find and initialize required class
    > java/lang/StackTraceElement
    > (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\jclMax\classes.zip
    > (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\charconv.zip
    > (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\jclMax\locale.zip
    > (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\AdsmJ\lib\AdsmLib.zip
    > (I)J9VM0023 This may indicate that JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or that class
    > libraries are not installed

    This is just a random guess, but maybe the CF card isn't initialized
    before J9 starts up when you restart Pocket PC 2003? What happens if you
    move the class libraries off of the CF card and onto the main memory of
    the device?

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012

  3. Re: Switching off Pocket PC

    Andrew Cornwall schrieb:
    > Torsten Hoyer wrote:

    >> org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.SIPINFO
    >> (E)J9VM0019 Fatal error: Unable to find and initialize required class
    >> java/lang/StackTraceElement
    >> (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\jclMax\classes.zip
    >> (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\charconv.zip
    >> (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\WSDD\lib\jclMax\locale.zip
    >> (I)J9VM0020 Searched in \CF Card\AdsmJ\lib\AdsmLib.zip
    >> (I)J9VM0023 This may indicate that JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or that
    >> class libraries are not installed

    > This is just a random guess, but maybe the CF card isn't initialized
    > before J9 starts up when you restart Pocket PC 2003? What happens if you
    > move the class libraries off of the CF card and onto the main memory of
    > the device?
    >
    > Andrew Jr.
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    > 2929 North Central Avenue
    > Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012

    You're right. If the application runs from main memory, everything is
    o.k. Unfortunately, we have the order, to put the application on to an
    external card (CF or SD). Maybe, it is enough to put the database on to
    the card. But as described, the application looses the connection and a
    reconnect gets the error mentioned above. We can't catch the error,
    because the pda hangs before.

    Do you have any experience with SD cards? Till now, we only tested with
    CF cards.

    Thanks

  4. Re: Switching off Pocket PC

    Torsten Hoyer wrote:
    > You're right. If the application runs from main memory, everything is
    > o.k. Unfortunately, we have the order, to put the application on to an
    > external card (CF or SD). Maybe, it is enough to put the database on to
    > the card. But as described, the application looses the connection and a
    > reconnect gets the error mentioned above. We can't catch the error,
    > because the pda hangs before.
    >
    > Do you have any experience with SD cards? Till now, we only tested with
    > CF cards.

    Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens below the level of the VM.
    Windows Mobile 2003 determines the order in which things get started,
    and it's starting the VM before the CF card drivers, apparently.

    I suppose there's a slight chance that SD cards will be started before
    the VM, but I'd be surprised if that were the case :-(

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012