jxelink out of memory! - Websphere

This is a discussion on jxelink out of memory! - Websphere ; Using WSDD5.7.1 to build a jxe file for my project, I got this error: [jxelink] IVEL0009(A) Loaded 704 class(es) in 35 seconds. [jxelink] Exception in thread "main" java/lang/OutOfMemoryError [jxelink] Exception in thread "main" java/lang/OutOfMemoryError This problem seems to happen since ...

  1. jxelink out of memory!

    Using WSDD5.7.1 to build a jxe file for my project, I got this error:

    [jxelink] IVEL0009(A) Loaded 704 class(es) in 35 seconds.
    [jxelink] Exception in thread "main" java/lang/OutOfMemoryError
    [jxelink] Exception in thread "main" java/lang/OutOfMemoryError

    This problem seems to happen since I turned on Using XTA reduction
    algorithm.

    Can someone lend me a helping hand? I searched the Help Contents but did
    not find any jxelink option that allows me to increase its starting
    memory/heap size?

    Thanks

  2. Re: jxelink out of memory!

    Rueyfarn Wang wrote:
    > [jxelink] IVEL0009(A) Loaded 704 class(es) in 35 seconds.
    > [jxelink] Exception in thread "main" java/lang/OutOfMemoryError

    > Can someone lend me a helping hand? I searched the Help Contents but did
    > not find any jxelink option that allows me to increase its starting
    > memory/heap size?

    The option is passed as an argument to the underlying VM. So you'd use a
    jxelink argument like:
    -J-Xmx256M
    (which passes -Xmx256M to the underlying VM).

    Hope this helps!

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012

  3. Re: jxelink out of memory!

    Andrew Cornwall wrote:
    > Rueyfarn Wang wrote:
    >
    >> [jxelink] IVEL0009(A) Loaded 704 class(es) in 35 seconds.
    >> [jxelink] Exception in thread "main" java/lang/OutOfMemoryError

    >> Can someone lend me a helping hand? I searched the Help Contents but
    >> did not find any jxelink option that allows me to increase its
    >> starting memory/heap size?

    > The option is passed as an argument to the underlying VM. So you'd use a
    > jxelink argument like:
    > -J-Xmx256M
    > (which passes -Xmx256M to the underlying VM).
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > Andrew Jr.
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    > 2929 North Central Avenue
    > Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012

    Thanks for the quick response. To invoke jxelink from command line, I
    need to set up some environment variables in order for this to work.

    Can you tell me how to set this up if I want to use WSDD IDE to build
    jxe output by invoking from Menubar "Project"->"Device Developer
    Builds"->"Winx86 Jxe Build". There must be a template somewhere where
    I can add "-J-Xmx256M".

  4. Re: jxelink out of memory!

    Rueyfarn Wang wrote:
    > Thanks for the quick response. To invoke jxelink from command line, I
    > need to set up some environment variables in order for this to work.
    >
    > Can you tell me how to set this up if I want to use WSDD IDE to build
    > jxe output by invoking from Menubar "Project"->"Device Developer
    > Builds"->"Winx86 Jxe Build". There must be a template somewhere where
    > I can add "-J-Xmx256M".

    My initial response was to add it to the .jxeLinkOptions file for the
    build. However, I've just tested it, and that doesn't work - probably
    because Java needs to be loaded to parse the file, and once it's loaded
    the options can't be changed.

    I've opened an enhancement request with the SmartLinker team for this
    issue. In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll have to do the build using a
    command-line jxelink command. (You can add this as an External Tool so
    you don't have to go out of the IDE to do it.)

    Andrew Jr.

    IBM Phoenix Labs (OTI)
    2929 North Central Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85012