Floating Point in J9 (MIDPNG) for PocketPC - Websphere

This is a discussion on Floating Point in J9 (MIDPNG) for PocketPC - Websphere ; Is the MIDPNG implementation based on CLDC 1.1? It seems there is no floating point methods such as Math.cos() in this implementation. Thanks....

  1. Floating Point in J9 (MIDPNG) for PocketPC

    Is the MIDPNG implementation based on CLDC 1.1?

    It seems there is no floating point methods such as Math.cos() in this
    implementation.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Floating Point in J9 (MIDPNG) for PocketPC

    Hi Norris,

    Which version of WSDD/J9 are you using? MIDP 2.0 on PocketPC for WSDD
    5.7.x or on J9 2.2 is on top of CLDC 1.1, which does include those methods.

    Regards,

    - Fares

    Norris Yu wrote:
    > Is the MIDPNG implementation based on CLDC 1.1?
    >
    > It seems there is no floating point methods such as Math.cos() in this
    > implementation.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Floating Point in J9 (MIDPNG) for PocketPC

    Hi, Fares,

    I am using J9 2.1 and WSDD 5.6 only.

    Norris

    "Fares Abdullah" 在郵件
    news:d0ppjt$5bs4$1@news.boulder.ibm.com 中撰寫...
    > Hi Norris,
    >
    > Which version of WSDD/J9 are you using? MIDP 2.0 on PocketPC for WSDD
    > 5.7.x or on J9 2.2 is on top of CLDC 1.1, which does include those

    methods.

    > Regards,
    >
    > - Fares
    >

    > Norris Yu wrote:
    > > Is the MIDPNG implementation based on CLDC 1.1?
    > >
    > > It seems there is no floating point methods such as Math.cos() in this
    > > implementation.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

  4. Re: Floating Point in J9 (MIDPNG) for PocketPC

    Hi Norris,

    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that WSDD 5.6's MIDP for
    PocketPC was based on CLDC 1.0, and not 1.1.

    You have to get the latest version of WSDD (5.7.x) to get the latest
    runtimes based on the latest JSRs, which for PocketPC include MIDP 2.0
    on top of CLDC 1.1.

    Regards,

    - Fares

    Norris Yu wrote:
    > Hi, Fares,
    >
    > I am using J9 2.1 and WSDD 5.6 only.
    >
    > Norris
    >

    > "Fares Abdullah" 在郵件
    > news:d0ppjt$5bs4$1@news.boulder.ibm.com 中撰寫...
    >
    >>Hi Norris,
    >>
    >>Which version of WSDD/J9 are you using? MIDP 2.0 on PocketPC for WSDD
    >>5.7.x or on J9 2.2 is on top of CLDC 1.1, which does include those

    > methods.
    >
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>- Fares
    >>

    >>Norris Yu wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is the MIDPNG implementation based on CLDC 1.1?
    >>>
    >>>It seems there is no floating point methods such as Math.cos() in this
    >>>implementation.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread