WAS 5.1 test server fails to start in RAD 6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 5.1 test server fails to start in RAD 6 - Websphere ; We are trying to use the new RAD 6, but are still targeting WAS 5.1. I am trying to deploy a simple, bare bones web application to try this out. It looks like I got the 'Dynamic Web Project' and ...

  1. WAS 5.1 test server fails to start in RAD 6

    We are trying to use the new RAD 6, but are still targeting WAS 5.1. I
    am trying to deploy a simple, bare bones web application to try this
    out. It looks like I got the 'Dynamic Web Project' and corresponding
    EAR project set up and configured to run on the WAS 5.1 test server
    embedded within RAD 6. However, when I hit the 'Run' button on the
    Server view, it doesn't respond. Doesn't do anything. It doesn't lock
    up RAD or anything, it just doesn't respond at all.

    FYI : Before trying it on WAS 5.1, I did the same thing with a simple
    web app, but targetting WAS 6 instead, and it worked fine

    Any ideas on how to get the 5.1 test server to start?

  2. Re: WAS 5.1 test server fails to start in RAD 6

    how about was 6?
    you don't need a deployment with it too. You can run the web projects
    within your workspace..

    briforge@gmail.com yazdi:
    > We are trying to use the new RAD 6, but are still targeting WAS 5.1. I
    > am trying to deploy a simple, bare bones web application to try this
    > out. It looks like I got the 'Dynamic Web Project' and corresponding
    > EAR project set up and configured to run on the WAS 5.1 test server
    > embedded within RAD 6. However, when I hit the 'Run' button on the
    > Server view, it doesn't respond. Doesn't do anything. It doesn't lock
    > up RAD or anything, it just doesn't respond at all.
    >
    > FYI : Before trying it on WAS 5.1, I did the same thing with a simple
    > web app, but targetting WAS 6 instead, and it worked fine
    >
    > Any ideas on how to get the 5.1 test server to start?

+ Reply to Thread