Web Service JAXRPC error - Websphere

This is a discussion on Web Service JAXRPC error - Websphere ; Hello, first, sorry for my english, i speak spanish. I have WSAD 5.1.2 with WTE(Websphere test environment)5.1.0.3 on my PC. I have a J2EE webservices application wich it's consulted from a J2ME PocketPC application(Websphere Studio Device Developer-WSDD). On the WTE ...

  1. Web Service JAXRPC error

    Hello, first, sorry for my english, i speak spanish.
    I have WSAD 5.1.2 with WTE(Websphere test environment)5.1.0.3 on my PC.
    I have a J2EE webservices application wich it's consulted from a J2ME
    PocketPC application(Websphere Studio Device Developer-WSDD).
    On the WTE it's work's fine
    When I try the application on the target server WAS 5.1.1.3, one of the new
    calls to the webservice brings up the error message below. I think the
    PocketPC application doesn't understand the response package(SOAP http
    packet).
    I think it could be a problem with diferents versions of WTE and WAS, or I
    need to update WSDD, or...... So, I don't know how to proceed...
    I' ve tested the application on the WAS with System.out.println() messages,
    and it's OK. Then I think the problem it's when the pocketPC application try
    to parse the SOAP/HTTP response.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Diego

    java.io.IOException: unexpeted EOF

    at com.ibm.pvcws.jaxrpc.util.HTTP.readAll(Unknown Source)

    at com.ibm.pvcws.jaxrpc.util.HTTP.getChunkedBody(Unkn own Source)

    at com.ibm.pvcws.jaxrpc.util.HTTP.getBody(Unknown Source)

    at com.ibm.pvcws.jaxrpc.rpc.OperationImpl.invoke(Unkn own Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.webservice2.IMMModuleSoap_St ub.getMultasPendConducLic(
    Unknown Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.ws2.StubWS2.getMulPendConduc torLic(Unknown Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.NuevaMulta.btnDriver MultaPendWidgetSelected(Un
    known Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.NuevaMulta.access$8( Unknown
    Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.NuevaMulta$9.widgetS elected(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unkno wn Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Un known
    Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.NuevaMulta.showGUI(U nknown
    Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Principal.nuevaMulta MenuItemWidgetSelected(Unk
    nown Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Principal.access$2(U nknown
    Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Principal$3.widgetSe lected(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unkno wn Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Un known
    Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Principal.showGUI(Un known
    Source)

    at
    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.btnAceptarWidg etSelected(Unknown Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.access$1(Unkno wn Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login$2.widgetSelect ed(Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unkno wn Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Unknown
    Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Un known
    Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.showGUI(Unknow n Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Inspector.run(Unknow n Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Inspector.main(Unkno wn Source)

    Se ha producido una excepción en la hebra "main"
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Widget is disposed

    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.checkWidget(Unknown Source)

    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.getShell(Unknown Source)

    at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.mostrarMensaje (Unknown
[...]

  2. Re: Web Service JAXRPC error

    I 've detected that the problem could be the complexity of the data type of
    the returned object.
    My webservice method returns an array of type "A[]", and the A type object,
    has some properties. One of that properties, it's an array of type "B[]".
    A{
    String a1;
    String a2;
    B[] a3; //another array
    }
    B{
    String b1;
    String b2;
    String b3;
    }

    Then, I tried the same method but changed to return a single String value,
    instead of the complex object, and it worked OK. So I thought the problem
    was on the complexity of the structure of the returned data type, running on
    Websphere(SOAP support not solving this complexity on Websphere server?).

    The inconsistency appear with WTE 5.1.0.3 (WSDD5.1.7) where the code runs
    fine, BUT deployed on WAS 51.1.3 did not, and neither upgraded to WAS
    5.1.1.9.
    Any ideas?

    My next step is to change the return data structure........
    Thanks Diego

    "Diego" escribió en el mensaje
> [...]

    > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.access$1(Unkno wn

    Source)

    > at

    edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login$2.widgetSelect ed(Unknown
    > Source)
    >

    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( Unknown
    > Source)
    >

    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unkno wn

    Source)

    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    >

    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Unknown
    > Source)
    >

    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Un known
    > Source)
    >

    > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.showGUI(Unknow n Source)
    >

    > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Inspector.run(Unknow n Source)
    >

    > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Inspector.main(Unkno wn

  3. Re: Web Service JAXRPC error

    Changing the complex structure of the returned data type to a more single
    structure, the webservice worked ok.
    The returned data type is A[].
    Then, i believe the problem was that the complex structure of the returned
    data type is not supported by Websphere SOAP support.
    I don't know if SOAP does support complex data types.

> [...]

    > Source)
    > >

    > > at

    > edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login$2.widgetSelect ed(Unknown
    > > Source)
    > >

    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( Unknown
    > > Source)
    > >

    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unkno wn

    > Source)
    > >

    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    > >

    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Unknown
    > > Source)
    > >

    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Un known
    > > Source)
    > >

    > > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Login.showGUI(Unknow n

    Source)

    > > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Inspector.run(Unknow n

    Source)

    > > at edu.fing.tsi4.cliente.pda.gui.Inspector.main(Unkno wn

+ Reply to Thread