Creating Test Server in WSAD 6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Creating Test Server in WSAD 6 - Websphere ; I'm trying to set up a server in WSAD 6, but when I get to the point for adding existing projects to the server, the "FINISH" button is disabled, and I'm forced to cancel the creation of the server. The ...

  1. Creating Test Server in WSAD 6

    I'm trying to set up a server in WSAD 6, but when I get to the point for adding existing projects to the server, the "FINISH" button is disabled, and I'm forced to cancel the creation of the server. The only configuration that I think would cause that is leaving the server installation location for the server blank on on a previous step. It that is the reason, how ould I know where the server installation path is? Shouldn't that be auto configured with the install of Studio?

  2. Re: Creating Test Server in WSAD 6

    In article <541456944.1128795199425.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsgwas00 7.sby.ibm.com>, jmanko@agois.com says...
    > I'm trying to set up a server in WSAD 6,

    First there is no WSAD 6, so I guess you mean RAD 6.
    Did you install the test environments? They are separate installs from the
    RAD code. Start the launchpad installation program and check.
    --

    Juanma Martínez

  3. Re: Creating Test Server in WSAD 6

    Yes, you are correct; I meant RAD 6. Sorry about that. The only CD for Websphere Test server was version 5.*. I'll double check, but I thought that the install of Studio prompted to install version 6 of the app server.

  4. Re: Creating Test Server in WSAD 6

    In article <705968545.1128955430857.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsgwas00 7.sby.ibm.com>, jmanko@agois.com says...
    > The only CD for Websphere Test server was version 5.*.

    Yes, WAS 6 is part of RAD install, but it is a selectable option, it looks like you got it
    unchecked.
    --

    Juanma Martínez

  5. Re: Creating Test Server in WSAD 6

    Well, I uninstalled RAD 6, and reinstalled. I get a message that the Test Environment failed to install and that I should check the "Install Guide." I did check the guide, but didn't find anything useful that would lead me to a solution. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an install log I can look at that would provide more information?

  6. Re: Creating Test Server in WSAD 6

    BTW, I'm installing from the DVD, and it's "Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries V6" - DVD Part No C600BML

+ Reply to Thread