RSA/RAD Own update Site & Proxy = trouble - Websphere

This is a discussion on RSA/RAD Own update Site & Proxy = trouble - Websphere ; Posted this as defect (ESR) already, but maybe some of you know a workaround... Own Update Site on Intranet an IBM Update Site on Internet through Proxy = Problem We have developed plugins which we distribute through an update site. ...

  1. RSA/RAD Own update Site & Proxy = trouble

    Posted this as defect (ESR) already, but maybe some of you know a workaround...

    Own Update Site on Intranet an IBM Update Site on Internet through Proxy = Problem

    We have developed plugins which we distribute through an update site. Install through Help - Software Update Find and install
    It works perfectly the first time: Just create a new site with our internal url.
    But when I want to get a new version of our plugins the updater tries to contact IBM at first. Then the whole thing aborts, since I can not reach IBM due to the Proxy issue! Defining a proxy off course makes it impossible to reach our site, since there is no way to make exclusions like in e.g. Internet Explorer!!!

    So Maybe the RPU would do the trick since
    In the new release it 5.0.1 of RPU it is possible to set the proxy. So far so good !
    But a very important thing is missing !
    When you also have an internal site for update of the inhouse developed features it is impossible to reach them !!!

    If you state the proxy: The internal site is not found.
    If you dont att any proxy: The RPU tries to go to IBM (Can not be avoided!!!!) And since it can not find the IBM site it Aborts befor checking for the internal site !!!

    CATCH 22 !!!!!!

    This worked in WSAD 5.1 !!!!!
    In the updater of WSAD 5.1 it was possible to define multiple update
    sites and to select exactly which one you wanted to get updates from!
    So this is actually a VERY important feature that you (IBM) forgot in
    RSA!!!
    Therefore we can not update our internal Volvo plugins without giving
    detailed instructions to our users now that we have moved to RSA!!!

    Possible solutions:
    1 : Look at WSAD 5.1 and reinforce those capabilities
    2 : Look at Internet Explorer when you define a proxy AND you have the
    possibility to exclude sites from the proxy handled ones !!!
    If this would have been possible in RPU maybe the updater then would
    find IBM throug the proxy and my internal would be found also!!

    /
    nordlp

  2. Moved to other forum Re: RSA/RAD Own update Site & Proxy = trouble

    orry
    This is the wrong forum.
    This dicussion continues on the forum
    Rational Software Architect, Software Modeler, Application Developer and Web Developer

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...rum=430&cat=24
    peter nordlander

+ Reply to Thread