Create binary and source jars from workspace - Websphere

This is a discussion on Create binary and source jars from workspace - Websphere ; Hi, I have a RAD6 workspace with about 50 projects. I'd like to be able to create a source jar and binary jar for each. I've done this before using the File->Export function, but this means I have to manually ...

  1. Create binary and source jars from workspace

    Hi,

    I have a RAD6 workspace with about 50 projects. I'd like to be able to
    create a source jar and binary jar for each. I've done this before
    using the File->Export function, but this means I have to manually
    click through the wizard for each Jar file.

    I'm currently looking into just creating an Ant or Maven script to do
    this. With the Ant plugin support, it seems that each build file has
    to live within a project. What I need is something that will create
    jars for my entire workspace.

    Is there a tool or plugin within RAD6/Eclipse I can use for this task,
    or do I just need to create a script to do this?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Create binary and source jars from workspace

    Have a look at Mevenide as well from codehaus for a nice Maven plugin.
    Essentially, just create a ANT or Maven build script for each project
    and then exterior to RAD, create a master .bat or .sh file that will
    build all your scripts you created. You can just add and delete from
    there. If there's dependencies between projects, you can nest ANT and
    MAVEN scripts as such.

    HTH,
    Lou

+ Reply to Thread