source control and change management - Websphere

This is a discussion on source control and change management - Websphere ; Hi What will be the best source control/change management product that can be used with WSAD/RAD environment?...

  1. source control and change management

    Hi

    What will be the best source control/change management product that can
    be used with WSAD/RAD environment?

  2. Re: source control and change management

    I am already using CVSNT ,
    would like to go for something that has some support available.

    Rich Kulp wrote:
    > Depends on your needs and size of organization. If each project has a
    > small to medium number of developers CVS works great for source control.
    >
    > Dn wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> What will be the best source control/change management product that
    >> can be used with WSAD/RAD environment?

  3. Re: source control and change management

    --
    Thanks,
    Rich Kulp

  4. Re: source control and change management

    Well, you do get a copy of ClearCase LT with WSAD/RAD :-)

    Dn wrote:

    > I am already using CVSNT ,
    > would like to go for something that has some support available.
    >
    > Rich Kulp wrote:
    >
    >> Depends on your needs and size of organization. If each project has a
    >> small to medium number of developers CVS works great for source control.
    >>
    >> Dn wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> What will be the best source control/change management product that
    >>> can be used with WSAD/RAD environment?

    --
    Jim Palistrant
    Market Manager, Rational SOA Solutions

  5. Re: source control and change management

    Jim

    Thanks for the info . I m aware about that.

    But don't it have restrictions on using it between multiple team
    members(may be the license) , I looked into this may be 2 yrs back

    Correct me if am wrong

    Jim Palistrant wrote:
    > Well, you do get a copy of ClearCase LT with WSAD/RAD :-)
    >
    > Dn wrote:
    >
    >> I am already using CVSNT ,
    >> would like to go for something that has some support available.
    >>
    >> Rich Kulp wrote:
    >>
    >>> Depends on your needs and size of organization. If each project has a
    >>> small to medium number of developers CVS works great for source control.

  6. Re: source control and change management

    Yep - 1 license of WSAD/RAD includes 1 license of CC LT, so team members
    without a license for WSAD/RAD would have to purchase a license of CC
    LT. I was under the impression the entire team was using WSAD/RAD.

    Dn wrote:

    > Jim
    >
    > Thanks for the info . I m aware about that.
    >
    > But don't it have restrictions on using it between multiple team
    > members(may be the license) , I looked into this may be 2 yrs back
    >
    > Correct me if am wrong
    >

    > Jim Palistrant wrote:
    >
    >> Well, you do get a copy of ClearCase LT with WSAD/RAD :-)
    >>
    >> Dn wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am already using CVSNT ,
    >>> would like to go for something that has some support available.

    --
    Jim Palistrant
    Market Manager, Rational SOA Solutions

  7. Re: source control and change management

    Jim

    The entire team will have licensed WSAD on their PC. But what works on
    the server side(repository)

    do we need to purchase the full clearcase product?

    Jim Palistrant wrote:
    > Yep - 1 license of WSAD/RAD includes 1 license of CC LT, so team members
    > without a license for WSAD/RAD would have to purchase a license of CC
    > LT. I was under the impression the entire team was using WSAD/RAD.
    >

    > Dn wrote:
    >
    >> Jim
    >>
    >> Thanks for the info . I m aware about that.
    >>
    >> But don't it have restrictions on using it between multiple team
    >> members(may be the license) , I looked into this may be 2 yrs back
    >>
    >> Correct me if am wrong
    >>

    >> Jim Palistrant wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, you do get a copy of ClearCase LT with WSAD/RAD :-)

  8. Re: source control and change management

    As I recall, the CC LT license included with RAD allowed both client and
    server on the same developer machine, so I think either purchase another
    copy of RAD or have someone install the CC LT server on their
    development machine (and pay the performance penalty :-( ).

    I am not a CC LT expert by the way so you may want to ask around about
    the size of your team versus what CC LT can handle. Unfortunately, I
    don't know.

    Dn wrote:

    > Jim
    >
    > The entire team will have licensed WSAD on their PC. But what works on
    > the server side(repository)
    >
    > do we need to purchase the full clearcase product?

    --
    Jim Palistrant
    Market Manager, Rational SOA Solutions

  9. Re: source control and change management

    Jim

    Thanks for the info , I will ask aroung

    Have you seen ppl using anything other than CVS or LT ?

    Jim Palistrant wrote:
    > As I recall, the CC LT license included with RAD allowed both client and
    > server on the same developer machine, so I think either purchase another
    > copy of RAD or have someone install the CC LT server on their
    > development machine (and pay the performance penalty :-( ).
    >
    > I am not a CC LT expert by the way so you may want to ask around about
    > the size of your team versus what CC LT can handle. Unfortunately, I
    > don't know.
    >
    > Dn wrote:
    >
    >> Jim
    >>
    >> The entire team will have licensed WSAD on their PC. But what works on
    >> the server side(repository)
    >>
    >> do we need to purchase the full clearcase product?

  10. Re: source control and change management

    Yep, sure have. It usually depends on the company's SCM choice.

    Dn wrote:

    > Jim
    >

    > Thanks for the info , I will ask aroung
    >
    > Have you seen ppl using anything other than CVS or LT ?

    --
    Jim Palistrant
    Market Manager, Rational SOA Solutions

+ Reply to Thread