RAD 6 and CVSNT support - Websphere

This is a discussion on RAD 6 and CVSNT support - Websphere ; Hi We will soon migrate from WSAD 5.1.1 to RAD 6. Where can I find documentation on the CVSNT version support in RAD6, and what version of CVSNT are you jusing for RAD 6? Thanx KS...

  1. RAD 6 and CVSNT support

    Hi
    We will soon migrate from WSAD 5.1.1 to RAD 6.
    Where can I find documentation on the CVSNT version support in RAD6, and
    what version of CVSNT are you jusing for RAD 6?

    Thanx
    KS

  2. Re: RAD 6 and CVSNT support

    KS wrote:
    > Hi
    > We will soon migrate from WSAD 5.1.1 to RAD 6.
    > Where can I find documentation on the CVSNT version support in RAD6, and
    > what version of CVSNT are you jusing for RAD 6?

    At this point we're using a version that's a couple of years old because
    when I last tried to update it the user validation wouldn't work. You
    will be a LOT better off running "real" CVS on a Linux box IMHO. Not
    only will the implementation be mainstream, there will be much more
    third party support for reporting, web browsing and such.

  3. Re: RAD 6 and CVSNT support

    Ok thanx. Sounds like u have the same problem with CVSNT that we have.
    Im also running a older version because its stable and work the way it
    should.
    Linux is not an option for the moment.

    "Ray McVay" skrev i melding
    > KS wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > We will soon migrate from WSAD 5.1.1 to RAD 6.
    > > Where can I find documentation on the CVSNT version support in RAD6, and
    > > what version of CVSNT are you jusing for RAD 6?

    > At this point we're using a version that's a couple of years old because
    > when I last tried to update it the user validation wouldn't work. You
    > will be a LOT better off running "real" CVS on a Linux box IMHO. Not
    > only will the implementation be mainstream, there will be much more
    > third party support for reporting, web browsing and such.

  4. Re: RAD 6 and CVSNT support

    If you are stuck with NT you could use subversion with the subclipse
    plugin. I've used it on a number of client sites with RAD 6 and it
    works really well.

    Rick

    KS wrote:
    > Ok thanx. Sounds like u have the same problem with CVSNT that we have.
    > Im also running a older version because its stable and work the way it
    > should.
    > Linux is not an option for the moment.
    >

    > "Ray McVay" skrev i melding
    >> KS wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> We will soon migrate from WSAD 5.1.1 to RAD 6.
    >>> Where can I find documentation on the CVSNT version support in RAD6, and
    >>> what version of CVSNT are you jusing for RAD 6?

    >> At this point we're using a version that's a couple of years old because
    >> when I last tried to update it the user validation wouldn't work. You
    >> will be a LOT better off running "real" CVS on a Linux box IMHO. Not
    >> only will the implementation be mainstream, there will be much more
    >> third party support for reporting, web browsing and such.

  5. Re: RAD 6 and CVSNT support

    If you have to stay on Windows then a middle-ground alternative would be
    to run the standard CVS under CygWin.

    KS wrote:
    > Ok thanx. Sounds like u have the same problem with CVSNT that we have.
    > Im also running a older version because its stable and work the way it
    > should.
    > Linux is not an option for the moment.
    >

    > "Ray McVay" skrev i melding
    >
    >>KS wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>We will soon migrate from WSAD 5.1.1 to RAD 6.
    >>>Where can I find documentation on the CVSNT version support in RAD6, and
    >>>what version of CVSNT are you jusing for RAD 6?

    >>At this point we're using a version that's a couple of years old because
    >>when I last tried to update it the user validation wouldn't work. You
    >>will be a LOT better off running "real" CVS on a Linux box IMHO. Not
    >>only will the implementation be mainstream, there will be much more
    >>third party support for reporting, web browsing and such.

+ Reply to Thread