I have a Complex data Type - an Inner class within another class. I had
used Axis with BeanSerializer and did get it working with rpc-encoding on
Websphere 5.1. But I am having problems using the Web services wizard in
trying to create the Inner class with the WSAD 5.1.2/Websphere Soap Stack.
and WebSphere 5.
I have tried with both doc/literal encoding and rpc-encoding. It seems to
generate a separate package for the inner class and gets confused in
generating the type mapping for an inner class.

The web services wizard generates a
separate package for the inner class as com.usbank.leasing.portal.data.jdo.
Division and places the DivisionKey within that package.This causes a
problem with the com.usbank.leasing.portal.data.jdo.Division object created
by the web services as it says it conflicts with a package created by the
name Division. It does generate the wsdl file but it is erroneous because
of the extra package created for DivisionKey.java.

The way i work around this in Axis is through this deploy.wsdd using
BeanSerializer.We cannot use Axis in our workplace and so have to figure
out a way to do it in Websphere 5.1. In Axis we define the following in the deploy.wsdd to get it to work.

<typeMapping
xmlns:ns="ns:PortalService"
qname="nsivision"
type="java:com.usbank.leasing.portal.data.jdo.Division"
deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFacto ry"
encodingStyle=""
/>

<typeMapping
xmlns:ns="ns:PortalService"
qname="nsivision$DivisionKey"
type="java:com.usbank.leasing.portal.data.jdo.Division$D ivisionKey"
deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFacto ry"
encodingStyle=""
/>

TIA,
Vijay