add icon to jarfile - Websphere

This is a discussion on add icon to jarfile - Websphere ; I used the "Export Application Client Jar..." option in WDSCi to deploy a java application. I also configured the "Client Deployment Descriptor" to add both a small and large icon for the application. I expected a jar-file which has a ...

  1. add icon to jarfile

    I used the "Export Application Client Jar..." option in WDSCi to deploy a
    java application. I also configured the "Client Deployment Descriptor" to
    add both a small and large icon for the application.

    I expected a jar-file which has a nice looking icon when opening the folder
    where the jar-file is placed.
    but... noop, only the same uggly icon (notepad?) as with all other
    jarfiles...

    Why is this option?
    Is it possible to 'attach' an icon to jar-files generated from within WDSCi?

    thanks.

  2. Re: add icon to jarfile

    That's up to Windows.

    Patrick Goovaerts wrote:
    > I used the "Export Application Client Jar..." option in WDSCi to deploy a
    > java application. I also configured the "Client Deployment Descriptor" to
    > add both a small and large icon for the application.
    >
    > I expected a jar-file which has a nice looking icon when opening the folder
    > where the jar-file is placed.
    > but... noop, only the same uggly icon (notepad?) as with all other
    > jarfiles...
    >

    > Why is this option?
    > Is it possible to 'attach' an icon to jar-files generated from within WDSCi?
    >
    > thanks.

+ Reply to Thread