How to install a new JRE (1.4.1) for WSAD - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to install a new JRE (1.4.1) for WSAD - Websphere ; I am using WSAD 5.1 and checkstyle plugin. Checkstyle requires JDK 1.4.1 to run properly. I was able to change the shortcut to change the eclipse vm: wsappdev.exe -vm C:\base_v51\java\jre\bin\javaw.exe but I would like to officially replace/reconfigure WSAD to use ...

  1. How to install a new JRE (1.4.1) for WSAD

    I am using WSAD 5.1 and checkstyle plugin. Checkstyle requires JDK 1.4.1 to run properly. I was able to change the shortcut to change the eclipse vm:
    wsappdev.exe -vm C:\base_v51\java\jre\bin\javaw.exe

    but I would like to officially replace/reconfigure WSAD to use 1.4.1 instead of 1.3 without having to use the command line argument.

    I had to copy the runtime directory to another directory for use in the -vm argument because spaces in path to the vm caused the configuration to fail. e.g.
    -vm "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.1\runtimes\base_v51\java\jre\bin\ja vaw.exe"

    caused the program not to be able to find javaw.exe

  2. Re: How to install a new JRE (1.4.1) for WSAD

    In article <869143190.1126797202028.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsgwas00 7.sby.ibm.com>, ultimate1967-ibmdeveloperworks@yahoo.com says...
    > but I would like to officially replace/reconfigure WSAD to use 1.4.1 instead of 1.3 without having to use the command line argument.

    You cannot replace officially the JDK used to run WSAD. It is not supported. The official replacement is
    RAD (Rational Application Developer, following version to WSAD).
    --

    Juanma Martínez

  3. Re: How to install a new JRE (1.4.1) for WSAD

    If you ever need to get around programs that can't handle spaces in
    file/folder names under Windows, you can always use the short names. You
    can find the short name using "dir /x" but I'd guess your path would be

    C:\Progra~1\IBM\WebSph~1\Applic~1\v5.1.1\runtimes\ ...

    This also works for installer programs that default to:

    C:\WDSC

    because they "don't support spaces" but they do install to:

    C:\Progra~1\IBM\WDSC

    just fine.

    -Stevers

    ultimate1967-ibmdeveloperworks@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I had to copy the runtime directory to another directory for use in the -vm argument because spaces in path to the vm caused the configuration to fail. e.g.
    > -vm "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.1\runtimes\base_v51\java\jre\bin\ja vaw.exe"
    >
    > caused the program not to be able to find javaw.exe

+ Reply to Thread