Is it possible to define/configure an external file inside of my J2EE enterprise app for deployment? (I want to deploy a binary file to a WebSphere Express server along with my app)

I have a servlet in my web module. The servlet accesses classes in a third party jar file which stream the external file into the app. At the moment, the file is on my local machine.

I am just trying to find out where to PUT the external file so that my app will be able to find it AFTER I deploy the app to the server. Should it be included inside of the web
project before exporting the ear file? Should I put it in a directory on the server?

Thank you for your help.

Brendan