Java Script debugging - Websphere

This is a discussion on Java Script debugging - Websphere ; I am trying to start Java Sript debugging in Websphere Studio Application Developer, v5.1, without success. I've modified the server to enabled the Java Script Debugging option. I can set breakpoints in the Java Script code and can see the ...

  1. Java Script debugging

    I am trying to start Java Sript debugging in Websphere Studio Application Developer, v5.1, without success. I've modified the server to enabled the Java Script Debugging option. I can set breakpoints in the Java Script code and can see the breakpoints in the debug perspective. I'm starting the server in debug mode and starting the application as localhost but I never go into debug mode when the Java Script executes. I'm not getting any error messages.

    Is there something else I need to do to debug Java Script code?. I can successfully debug Java methods using the above process but not Java Script.

    Thanks for your help,
    Tom

  2. Re: Java Script debugging

    WSAD doesn't directly support Javascrtipt debugging. Do you have your IE
    setup per http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...512/index.jsp?

    Thomas.Cooper@ibx.com wrote:
    > I am trying to start Java Sript debugging in Websphere Studio
    > Application Developer, v5.1, without success. I've modified the
    > server to enabled the Java Script Debugging option. I can set
    > breakpoints in the Java Script code and can see the breakpoints in
    > the debug perspective. I'm starting the server in debug mode and
    > starting the application as localhost but I never go into debug mode
    > when the Java Script executes. I'm not getting any error messages.
    >
    > Is there something else I need to do to debug Java Script code?. I
    > can successfully debug Java methods using the above process but not
    > Java Script.
    >
    > Thanks for your help, Tom

  3. Re: Java Script debugging

    Thomas.Cooper@ibx.com wrote:
    > I am trying to start Java Sript debugging in Websphere Studio
    > Application Developer, v5.1, without success. I've modified the
    > server to enabled the Java Script Debugging option. I can set
    > breakpoints in the Java Script code and can see the breakpoints in
    > the debug perspective. I'm starting the server in debug mode and
    > starting the application as localhost but I never go into debug mode
    > when the Java Script executes. I'm not getting any error messages.
    >
    > Is there something else I need to do to debug Java Script code?. I
    > can successfully debug Java methods using the above process but not
    > Java Script.
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    > Tom

    What are you trying to do here? JavaScript is running on the client side,
    and I'm unclear what you would mean by "debugging" it on the server side. I
    haven't done much of it recently, but I see that the JavaScript console is
    still available in Firefox (if you enter javascript: as the location). It
    isn't really a full debugger, but it makes it possible to examine some of
    the states of the code. My recollection is that most of my debugging work
    involved explicit debugging text or extraction of the post-JavaScript
    executed paged.

    If there's a Web page to look at and an explanation of what is going wrong,
    maybe I could say more...

  4. Re: Java Script debugging

    Thanks, I did not have the software for Microsoft Windows Script Debugger. I also did not have the option to Enable Active Script Debug. I'll download the software and follow the instructions from the Help page.

    Tom

+ Reply to Thread