Jsp Include directive broken: RAD 6.0 and WebSphere 6 Test Environmentin Debug mode - Websphere

This is a discussion on Jsp Include directive broken: RAD 6.0 and WebSphere 6 Test Environmentin Debug mode - Websphere ; Hello, I have a problem which end up in a stacktrace (see bottom of post). The error is generated when using the jsp include directive (i.e. include file="jspf/AgreementSearchCriteria.jspf" %>) in Debug mode. No error is generated when the server is ...

  1. Jsp Include directive broken: RAD 6.0 and WebSphere 6 Test Environmentin Debug mode

    Hello,

    I have a problem which end up in a stacktrace (see bottom of post).

    The error is generated when using the jsp include directive (i.e. <%@
    include file="jspf/AgreementSearchCriteria.jspf" %>) in Debug mode. No
    error is generated when the server is started in non-debug mode.

    It seems like the error is generated whenever the include directive is
    nested in a custom tag. The same page contains an include which is not
    inside any custom tag, and that include passes without problems, even in
    debug mode.

    This is the same problem as someone else posted about here:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...ad=81550&cat=9

    Has anyone else seen this problem? Is a fix available? Will it be?

    I know this is not an official support channel, but I would be very
    happy for some help in any case.

    Br - Johan

    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: inputFileName:
    AgreementSearchCriteria.jspf
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.SmapStratum.addLin eData(SmapStratum.java:193)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.smap.SmapVisitor .visitCustomTagStart(SmapVisitor.java:151)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:253)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:254)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:254)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.visit (JspVisitor.java:110)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslator.processVis itors(JspTranslator.java:121)
    ....(cut the rest).

  2. Re: Jsp Include directive broken: RAD 6.0 and WebSphere 6 Test Environmentin Debug mode

    OK, seems like this was known bug (PK08172). IŽll need to upgrade to
    WebSphere 6.0.2 then.

    Johan wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem which end up in a stacktrace (see bottom of post).
    >
    > The error is generated when using the jsp include directive (i.e. <%@
    > include file="jspf/AgreementSearchCriteria.jspf" %>) in Debug mode. No
    > error is generated when the server is started in non-debug mode.
    >
    > It seems like the error is generated whenever the include directive is
    > nested in a custom tag. The same page contains an include which is not
    > inside any custom tag, and that include passes without problems, even in
    > debug mode.
    >
    > This is the same problem as someone else posted about here:
    > http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...ad=81550&cat=9
    >

    > Has anyone else seen this problem? Is a fix available? Will it be?
    >
    > I know this is not an official support channel, but I would be very
    > happy for some help in any case.
    >
    > Br - Johan
    >

    > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: inputFileName:
    > AgreementSearchCriteria.jspf
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.SmapStratum.addLin eData(SmapStratum.java:193)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.smap.SmapVisitor .visitCustomTagStart(SmapVisitor.java:151)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:253)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:254)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:254)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:125)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.visit (JspVisitor.java:110)
    > at
    > com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslator.processVis itors(JspTranslator.java:121)
    >
    > ...(cut the rest).

+ Reply to Thread