clearing sticky tags - Websphere

This is a discussion on clearing sticky tags - Websphere ; Sticky tags, cvs server: sticky tag `DDSRelease20' for file `WebContent/ js /LR_ExcessByLob. js ' is not a branch, are preventing me from committing modifications to the Versions module in the CVS repository. Existing documentation refers to executing 'CVS update -A' ...

  1. clearing sticky tags

    Sticky tags, cvs server: sticky tag `DDSRelease20' for file `WebContent/js/LR_ExcessByLob.js' is not a branch, are preventing me from committing modifications to the Versions module in the CVS repository. Existing documentation refers to executing 'CVS update -A' in the command prompt to clear the tags. Running the command using the path of my workspace results in an error. Is there a specific path for this command?

    Thanks,
    Tom

  2. Re: clearing sticky tags

    You have to be in a CVS-controlled directory (like your project
    workspace) when you do that. Also you could try right-clicking that js
    file and doing a replace with latest from HEAD or the branch you're
    working in.

    Thomas.Cooper@ibx.com wrote:
    > Sticky tags, cvs server: sticky tag `DDSRelease20' for file
    > `WebContent/js/LR_ExcessByLob.js' is not a branch, are preventing me
    > from committing modifications to the Versions module in the CVS
    > repository. Existing documentation refers to executing 'CVS update
    > -A' in the command prompt to clear the tags. Running the command
    > using the path of my workspace results in an error. Is there a
    > specific path for this command?
    >
    > Thanks, Tom

  3. Re: clearing sticky tags

    I'm getting the following error when executing the command in what I think should be the CVS controlled directory:

    C:\DDSWorkspace (production)\DesktopDemandSystem>CVS update -A
    'CVS' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

    'DDSWorkspace (production)' is the workspace name and DesktopDemandSystem is the folder name that the application was checked into from the CVS repository. The project name is 'DesktopDemandSystem DDSRelease 20'. The application resides in the HEAD module where modifications are made. Production copies of the application is in the Version module. I checked the production copy from the Version module into the above workspace to correct a production problem. I want to commit my changes back to Versions and eventually merge them with our current modifications in the HEAD module.

    Thanks for your response,
    Tom

  4. Re: clearing sticky tags

    Thomas.Cooper@ibx.com wrote:
    > I'm getting the following error when executing the command in what I
    > think should be the CVS controlled directory:
    >
    > C:\DDSWorkspace (production)\DesktopDemandSystem>CVS update -A 'CVS'
    > is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
    > program or batch file.

    Ok, you need to install a CVS client. Here's one you can use at the
    command line like above (http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/). This is one
    that integrates with Windows Explorer (http://www.tortoisecvs.org/).

    > 'DDSWorkspace (production)' is the workspace name and
    > DesktopDemandSystem is the folder name that the application was
    > checked into from the CVS repository. The project name is
    > 'DesktopDemandSystem DDSRelease 20'. The application resides in the
    > HEAD module where modifications are made. Production copies of the
    > application is in the Version module. I checked the production copy
    > from the Version module into the above workspace to correct a
    > production problem. I want to commit my changes back to Versions and
    > eventually merge them with our current modifications in the HEAD
    > module.

    Instead of commit you could try syncronize and see if "override and
    commit" will work.

    A CVS hint for the future. If you need to check out a non-HEAD version
    and make changes, make sure you check out the latest from a branch, not
    a specific tagged version.

  5. Re: clearing sticky tags

    TortoiseCVS installs cvs, too, so that's what I'd recommend.

+ Reply to Thread