RAD6 evaluation version - Websphere

This is a discussion on RAD6 evaluation version - Websphere ; I am trying to connect to UDB 8.2 on Linux 32 from a 64 bit AMD workstation. I get the following message: An internal error occurred during: "InitializingDB2Aliases". java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.etools.rsc.core.ui.wizards.NewCWDB2AddUtil .refreshAliasList(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.etools.rsc.core.ui.wizards.NewConnectionWi zard$InitAddUtil.run(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source) ...

  1. RAD6 evaluation version

    I am trying to connect to UDB 8.2 on Linux 32 from a 64 bit AMD workstation.
    I get the following message:

    An internal error occurred during: "InitializingDB2Aliases".
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
    com.ibm.etools.rsc.core.ui.wizards.NewCWDB2AddUtil .refreshAliasList(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.rsc.core.ui.wizards.NewConnectionWi zard$InitAddUtil.run(Unknown
    Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

    The database is cataloged and I can access it using CLI.

    Is this a known issue or is the eval version connection challenged? Thanks
    for any info.

    Chuck Davis

  2. Re: RAD6 evaluation version

    Did you ever get this resolved, as I am having a similar problem.

  3. Re: RAD6 evaluation version

    Where did you get the JDBC driver jar? From the 32-bit machine?

+ Reply to Thread